New Affiliate Program Looking For Help
    Hi Affiliates,

I'm run a small business, and I thought I would give affiliate programs a try. I signed up with ShareASale which seems like a good platform, but using their tools I haven't had a lot of luck signing up quality affiliates. My site is a security scanning site geared for small business to resell, but I pretty much only seem to attract coupon sites as affiliates. Unsurprisingly, they don't really generate any traffic or sales - putting a product for small consulting shops next to a Macy's sale is probably not the best way

Do the affiliates here have any good advice for how I can attract quality affiliates? I think my offer is pretty good - a default commission of 20%, and I am willing to go up to 51% with any affiliates who truly want to partner with me (not just throwing up a link). Additionally, many of my products are recurring SaaS plans, and I am open to recurring revenue sharing as well.

I pay fees to ShareASale, and their toolset is good, but I am not seeing a good return and I really don't want to hire a dedicated affiliate manager, but I don't have tons of time to drum up customer interest AND affiliate interest. I figure there might be simple things I am doing wrong, or easy ways to reach quality affiliates, but am not sure where to start.

Any advice would be greatly welcome!!

Charlie

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Charlie - Welcome to ABW!

Your market is very niche so it may be worth while for you to advertiser your affiliate program here at ABW. If you do, be sure to give a full decription of the product/service you offer and the target audience affiliate should be promoting to. Are you offering security scanning products or a service?

You said your program is new, how new?

You can learn more about advertising your program here:

Advertise at ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forums

3. Thanks From:

Thanks for the input! By new, I started it a few months ago, but didn't do too much beyond initial setup (i.e. no outreach), and it's a product.

Yes, it's very niche, but I am hoping not to spend on advertising before I have some good work with affiliates underway. My experience in advertising for any reason shows that it is better to organically develop a strong offer, then advertise. Right now, I am still working on that strong offer to affiliates - a totally different market than customers, but still a customer

Affiliate Manager FranklySpeaking's Avatar
    Hello Charlie!

Did you do anything outside SaS, to drive traffic to your affiliate-facing site? Yes, despite expectations, affiliate networks are not the main way to recruit new affiliates, at least not with their basic packages.

Best,
    Frank Ravanelli, OPM
    [URL="http://www.linkedin.com/today/posts/frankravanelli"]Affiliate Marketing News[/URL] - [URL="https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankravanelli"]Frank Ravanelli on LinkedIn[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you run a paid announcement here its good for 30 days. That's 20 business days you can add a post on another benefit. Plus the backlinks to your site and affiliate pitch page (you do have one don't you) are worth 10x that.

Hi Frankly, no, nothing outside of SaS yet, but I guess that would be my next step

Chuck, thanks for the feedback. I do have an affiliate pitch page, I'll try some basic outreach, but I'll keep an announcement in mind. I know how well ABW is regarded.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Your other choice is to use search engines to find affiliate sites, good luck with that. Send me an email from your site domain and I can opt you into the private AM only forum.

Affiliate Manager FranklySpeaking's Avatar
    Hello Charlie! As Chuck mentioned, you can google for relevant sites, find which ones are owned by affiliates (or potential ones) and start a conversation with them. ABW is a great place to get visibility, for example using the promotional tools available and by helping other members.

All the best!
    Frank Ravanelli, OPM
    [URL="http://www.linkedin.com/today/posts/frankravanelli"]Affiliate Marketing News[/URL] - [URL="https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankravanelli"]Frank Ravanelli on LinkedIn[/URL]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread