Nature Hills Nursery Another Merchant Datafeed That Hit The Fan...
    It's too bad that I have to post this about one of my old favorite merchants but, shit happens...

While I was checking the merchants images I have on one of my sites, I noticed that none of the images (3,373 images) for the Nature Hills Nursery program was showing up, so I thought that maybe they decided to upload a new datafeed...

So... I went to SAS to check, and the last datafeed uploaded was (still) from 12/15/11... (WTF)...

After clicking on about 20 product pages link with no images, I ended up on this page:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Arrow
    they are one of my pet peeves, also: Imagine a feed with several thousand records, but no categories. I used to make pages using the categories in PopShops. (haven't checked lately)

Some years ago, Nature Hills Nursery used to offer a sort of DIY datafeed template site. It wasn't too bad. I think they quit it several years ago. I quit using them some time back, too, because the datafeed seemed pretty poorly done then.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Just spotted this thread so figure while here reading it will ask a question. (not about the datafeed tho since I don't know how to do SAS's datafeeds)

Even tho you are frustrated with the datafeeds and with very good reason, have you had sales with them? Been with them for quite a while and only ever get the .10 for the catalogs. Unless something has changed the catalogs have the affiliate id in them to be used and were supposed to receive credit for any of those orders. As I said, gotten quite a few of the catalogs but not even one has resulted in any type of sale.

Can't remember exactly what the problem was with the images but gave up on them quite a while back. Had asked if I was able to use any of the images from the site and got a very definite No.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Just saw this, and not happy.

I spent a couple of months at the beginning of the year totally updating my garden site, and sales for some of my merchants have been great, but while I get clicks every day from Nature Hills, have not had a single sale. I use some individual product links but primarily Popshops for their links, and just checked, and while the ones I checked were still active products, available to purchase, the images are all missing (they were there when I did the updates).

And purplebear, I also use to get those 10 catalogs "sales" but none for months.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tax Paying Member
    NH was good for me at one time. I think they dropped their OPM and began doing self-management of their program about 3 years ago. Its been a down hill slide since.

At one time they were my biggest source of revenue.....nothing for awhile now.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Even tho you are frustrated with the datafeeds and with very good reason, have you had sales with them?
    from the datafeed, a few. from PopShops, none that I know of.

Same story, I did well with NH a while back ago. One of my best merchants. I think the guys name was Sean, he did a fairly nice job at keeping up on the affiliate program.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I'll check in on this and see if we can get a few things cleaned up ...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

10. Thanks From:

So... I went to SAS to check, and the last datafeed uploaded was (still) from 12/15/11... (WTF)...
    Too bad they don't care about their affiliate program...

Sayonara!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Mr. Sal - check today, the feed should be updated at this time. We are working on some other things as well and though it might take some time, we appreciate your patience!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    Mr. Sal - check today, the feed should be updated at this time. We are working on some other things as well and though it might take some time, we appreciate your patience!
    Thanks for looking into this issue Brian,

But I think this merchant forgot how to do the new datafeed...

The new datafeed sucks!

With over 4k products on the feed, there is no easy way to do a good job manually, in order to make it work in some decent way...

Here are some examples:

Many titles got junk characters...

Round Rose Garden Steps Set of 3
    Celtic Garden Steps Set of 3
    Square Rose Garden Steps Set of 3
    Many descriptions got junk characters...

...A Red Tulip Solar Garden Light makes a beautiful garden accent in the daytime, and it adds outdoor accent lighting at night! It’s perfect for yards, gardens, walkways and even in large potted plants. No wiring needed! During the day the solar panel absorbs the sun’s natural energy....

...Being similar to a cat’s tongue, this Miscanthus...

...If you love dragonflies, then you should buy this flag. Dragonflies are nature’s bi-planes, ...
    Also, they no longer have any Categories or SubCategories like before, they not even use the Custom Fields they used before...

To topped off, they are using the default SAS Category and a SubCategory Filed that don't make sense:

Field J Category
    Home/Family (this may be usable)

Field k SubCategory
    Pets (Pets?) What do pets, have to do with plants?

Thumbs down
    plus, in PopShops the pictures are showing but the lack of categorization sux. and, in files made per product in the datafeed, I can't see the product pictures.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread