tax info for non U.S. resident
    Hello

I have a question regarding setting up my account with commission junction. The question is pertaining to setting up the tax information for non U.S. residents.

There are only 2 choices for NON U.S. residents and I was wondering if there are any other Canadians here at CFM that have already set up an account at Commission Junction and could help me with this part of setting up the account?

Any help on this would be great
    Thanks !

Because of the US/Canada tax treaty, Canadian affiliates/publishers do not have to pay income tax on earnings to both US and Canada. You must fill in a W8BEN form, on which you declare your non residency and no other US work related activities and then fax it to CJ and it will be filed with your account information. CJ will then not deduct US withholding tax and you will report your US earnings to Canada at tax time and pay Canadian Income Tax. It is a simple process and you will have to file one, once, with all the affiliate programs you are involved with in the US ie. CJ, Google, Linkshare, Sharesale and so on. For your information you also do not collect GST/HST on these US earnings, they are exempt.
    You can find the form by running a search in an SE like Google for "W8BEN".

3. Thanks From:

Thank You Abigail !

Exactly the information I was looking for ! I filled in the W8BEN form in the tax options at CJ , I do not think I will have to fax another completed form off to them as well. I can do this in the CJ account settings under tax information.

Thank You again !

Cheers

I do not think I will have to fax another completed form off to them as well. I can do this in the CJ account settings under tax information.
    that's great - things have changed at CJ since 10 years or so back - in dinosaur times when it had to be signed and faxed. It sounds to be much more efficient now!
    Last edited by Abigail; June 18th, 2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: grammer

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread