ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Tracking Clicks
    I seem to have a big increase in clicks in recent weeks but sales are no better, in fact been very slow.

Has anyone else noticed increased clicks but no turning to sales?

Is there anyway I can find out what merchant the clicks are sent to? I can see which site but that is it.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    If you are at
    Run Reports » Performance Reports » Web Site Performance

then clicking on any of your websites will go to a list of merchants whose links have impressions/clicks/transactions for that site.

At one time, then clicking on the merchant would give you a list of each individual link that had impressions/clicks/transactions for that site, but CJ removed that feature a few years ago.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Hi Glittered, I don't have an answer, but I am in the same boat! I too would love to know how I can track which merchant(s) the clicks went to :-)

Thanks AffiliateHound and Glittered for asking the question in the first place :-)

ABW Ambassador
    Well that is something interesting, I had always just clicked on the detail link but yes by clicking on the website name it revels everything, great thanks for that.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Do you mind naming the merchant or is it due to an SEO increase for your site?

Have not seen anything unusual at my end. Unfortunately CJ has not updated its technology since around 2005 (randomly picked year as it seems a long time ago), and as far as I know it is not possible to see a daily updated list of all your URL referrers

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Do you mind naming the merchant or is it due to an SEO increase for your site?
    No problem, the merchant is FragranceX.com and I have not had any sales with them for years. yesterday 232 clicks & 1 impression with a CTR of 23,200.00% (this is the norm now) - this is ridiculous, I can not see anything in my stats for any searches for them either. I don't use the tracking pixels, only text links with one logo image on the page. But this merchant I also use GC links and a GC search & store so I'm guessing this is where the issue is but other merchants with GC don't have this problem? I might have to deactivate this merchant in the next day or two if it does not stop.

I can beat that - 100 clicks an hour for almost 2 weeks on a particular link from a different merchants - I have even cancelled the PID in my account and am still getting clicks registering in my account. Checked, not a bot on the site, no traffic on the site that can be seen. Not a priority with CJ. I have reached out to the merchant. My EPC has been driven down to about $6 from close to $40 - I am thinking the link has been hijacked. This is a different merchant. I don't want to name them, other than to say they are a strong, good rep., been with CJ as long as me, since 1998.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Had a CJ affiliate with a forum that generated over 5000 clicks with a bot, trying to get it reversed as it lowered the conversion for the program.

this is not a bot, at least not one anybody can see. awhile back I had 55,000 clicks from a bot, found that with CJ help and my webhost - approached CJ to reverse clicks, a big deal, with merchant's help they said they would, but to date notta....

ABW Ambassador
    how would i tell if its a bot?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    how would i tell if its a bot?
    What sort of stats programs do you have access to?

Is there an IP that has spent a lot of time on your site or showing lots of hits?

Can you see your "Latest Visitors" in a stats program?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread