Question Looking for a good affiliate program
    I work for a company called Revo Payments where we design and develop electronic invoicing and payment software for different verticals. We're looking to start an affiliate program and I was curious to which site would be the best. Currently, I am looking at ShareASale, LinkShare, Commission Junction, and Affiliate Shop. Any advice would be much appreciated

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Never heard of Affiliate Shop, the others are good networks well represented here. Depends on what you want from the network. Have you talked to them directly and asked where you would fit in their categories? Have you applied to those networks as an affiliate so you can see what competition there is?

I haven't contacted them yet. Right now I'm just doing preliminary research and trying to figure out their pricing structures. Do you know the pricing for CJ or LS.

Also, has anyone had any experience with the google affiliate network?

The big Three networks cost between $5k and $10k to launch a program. I have managed programs on all three and they have their pros and cons. Do you have a budget like that as well as for program management, creative and tech (integration/datafeed)?

No. That's currently a little out of our budget. This is going to be our first affiliate program so we are looking for something a little more cost effective. After a little bit of research SAS seams to be a better choice. I've also looked at performance-based which seems to be slightly more affordable

Shareasale is a good starting point. If your program is competitive and converts it will get sign-ups.

So we are getting closer to starting our affiliate program. I just have a couple more questions that I'd like some outside input on before we move forward.

I was wondering how successful affiliate programs general are for B2B companies? Like I know most affiliate are focused on B2C but I really don't know of any (off the top of my head) that are involved in B2B. Would affiliate marketing be beneficial for that vertical?

Also, in more direct correlation to Share A Sale, what has been merchants' general experience with their ROI? About how long does it take for a program to start seeing positive returns? I understand all programs are different and their ROI and timeframe of seeing returns will vary, but with can I guarantee that I will see those positive returns with SAS? And if for some reason I don't see returns within a reasonable timeframe, can I get any guarantees from SAS?

Any input is welcome. I'm new to affiliate marketing and am trying to get as much outside input as I can.

To my knowledge there are no good B2B networks. I have always run B2B programs as B2C as business owners are shoppers too.

SAS as any network is only as good as your program, how competitive it is, are there affiliates promoting competitors in the network. If you are good then you can get results in a week and hit ROI in 90 days. Most don't hence the high number of dead programs.

Thanks for the help Chuck.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread