How to find shareAsale affiliates?
    Hey, i need help.

We have joined shareAsale for over 2 months. we've got 130 affiliates so far. i wonder how to find more affiliates and get more sales.

Thanks.

Season

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Outside of the network!

There are no tools to recruit in SAS other than the Aquarium, you have to find and recruit sites outside of the network.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    If you just launched an affiliate program, then you probably already rec'd 1000 applications - most of which are useless. Your question should be "How to I attract the RIGHT affiliates?

1. You can pay SAS for ad ad that all affiliates see when they log in

2. Become active on all the affiliate forums - and interACT with affiliates - meaning don't just post your latest banners or sales

3. Ditto for Facebook and Twitter

4. Hire an OPM firm to do the work for you

5. Attend affiliate conventions and meet ups to find good affiliates

6. Subscribe to/bookmark affiliate related blogs and newsletters

7. Google your own keywords and find affiliate related sites

5. Thanks From:

Never worry about the quantity of affiliates, focus on working with quality affiliates.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay View Post
    If you just launched an affiliate program, then you probably already rec'd 1000 applications - most of which are useless. Your question should be "How to I attract the RIGHT affiliates?

1. You can pay SAS for ad ad that all affiliates see when they log in

2. Become active on all the affiliate forums - and interACT with affiliates - meaning don't just post your latest banners or sales

3. Ditto for Facebook and Twitter

4. Hire an OPM firm to do the work for you

5. Attend affiliate conventions and meet ups to find good affiliates

6. Subscribe to/bookmark affiliate related blogs and newsletters

7. Google your own keywords and find affiliate related sites
    Hi Billy,

Thanks so much for your reply. you are right, most of affiliates are unuseful, they joined and do nothing. I have to find a way to attract the RIGHT affiliates.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    ShareASale actually just released (at ThinkTank in May) a pretty interesting tool that lets you do targeted recruiting inside the network that looks pretty promising. Give support there a call and ask them about affiliate recruiting tools.

Essentially, here's how it works - you define the type of affiliate you want to work with - you can choose the niche that they work in, and where they stand in the order of affiliates in that space. You set up a special promotion to offer them that will be attractive. You pay SAS $200 to run the campaign, and when affiliates login, they will see "pending offers" that they can choose to accept. If they accept your offer, you get a $5 rebate on your $200 deposit. ShareASale essentially put that deposit in to make sure the tool isn't abused, and is completely happy to refund all of it on successful campaigns.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Seems that I need to use more than more premium service once I joined SAS....Quite a big investment.
    [URL="http://www.IntimatesCare.com"]Trying to be a Great Affiliate Program for Lingerie, Costume and Club Wear[/URL]

It is a big investment to make it right and I wish more merchants understood that. Affiliate marketing is not a light switch that illuminates new sales. It's a campfire that you have to continually build.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Very well stated, Greg.
    Unfortunately, there are many merchants (owners, bosses, corporate types) who fail to realize that...an then have unrealistic expectations about the growth of their program (or lack thereof).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

13. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Great thread. I didn't know about the affiliate recruiting tools I'm gonna talk to my store owner and see if she would be ok with trying it.

Affiliate Manager
    What are some good facebook and twitter people to follow to find affiliates?

You can easily find affiliates on FB/TW if you search for them and Like/follow. You have to give them something worth reading about. Do you have an affiliate centric FB/TW accounts?

I am very excited about the new tool introduced by ShareASale for affiliate recruitment. I look forward to seeing it evolve and become a valuable resource for all merchants.

Chuck is right on with FB/TW - very powerful tools for reaching out to existing and future affiliates.

18. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    If merchants look at ShareASale with a really reasonable set up cost and their recruiting cost of a $200 deposit that is refundable if affiliates sign on to your campaign as being cost prohibitive, I tend to think they jumped into the game too soon.

Affiliate marketing is a great add on for sites that are having some success. If you're new and your site and model are unproven and you are relying on affiliate marketing to kick your site into high gear immediately, you are going to be really disappointed in the channel.

Merchants thinking getting into the game with no experience internally ,track record of performance with their sites, and no budget need to ask Greg (akagorilla) for a copy of his book.
    Last edited by AffiliateWarrior; July 11th, 2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typos fixed
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    If merchants look at ShareASale with a really reasonable set up cost and their recruiting cost of a $200 deposit that is refundable if affiliates sign on to your campaign as being cost prohibitive, I tend to think they jumped into the game too soon.

Affiliate marketing is a great add on for sites that are having some success. If you're new and your site and model are unproven and you are relying on affiliate marketing to kick your site into high gear immediately, you are going to be really disappointed in the channel.

Merchants thinking getting into the game with no experience internally ,track record of performance with their sites, and no budget need to ask Greg (akagorilla) for a copy of his book.

Agree 100%.
    To many merchants start a site and than start an affiliate program with the ideas that the program will make them tons of Money.

A merchant needs to run a site that generates traffic/clicks and converts those clicks to sales. Without that in place first, the affiliate program will not carry all the expenses of being a merchant.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Affiliate Manager
    ShareASale actually just released (at ThinkTank in May) a pretty interesting tool that lets you do targeted recruiting inside the network that looks pretty promising. Give support there a call and ask them about affiliate recruiting tools.

Essentially, here's how it works - you define the type of affiliate you want to work with - you can choose the niche that they work in, and where they stand in the order of affiliates in that space. You set up a special promotion to offer them that will be attractive. You pay SAS $200 to run the campaign, and when affiliates login, they will see "pending offers" that they can choose to accept. If they accept your offer, you get a $5 rebate on your $200 deposit. ShareASale essentially put that deposit in to make sure the tool isn't abused, and is completely happy to refund all of it on successful campaigns.
    I just talked to a SaS rep about this program and you have the details a little wrong. Its $200 for a two week run, this is not part of the deposit and is not refunded to you. You pay an additional 5$ for each invite they send out (ex 40 invites is $200). This money is refunded to you when the affiliate joins your program. However you do get a $200 credit towards featured programs when you sign up with SaS as a merchant, so if you haven't used it yet you can apply it towards this program.

It seems a little dicey. I know you can target affiliates better because it is only sent to the most active affiliates but its still a gamble.

Affiliate Manager Rafi Goldmeier's Avatar

It sounds great, but how do I know that that investment would not just bring to me all the lousy affiliates from coupon and deal sites that dont do anything for my program? Then my investment would be wasted...

Give support there a call and ask them about affiliate recruiting tools.
    Ask that when you call support.

Affiliate Manager
    My biggest problem is bloggers that want free product, but have no following really, and don't have an interest in my affiliate program! LoL Why? I have no clue.

Perhaps you can write a template to send to them when they ask. In it you can give them instructions on signing up with SAS as an affiliate, finding your program and adding links. Tell them if they show some traffic you will reconsider sending them products for review.

26. Thanks From:

There's so much here for a baby merchant to chew on!

28. Thanks From:

29. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread