Looking for some guidance
    Hey guys and gals, I am new to this website and completely new to the world of affiliate marketing. I have a simple question that I hope you all can help me with or at least send me in the right direction.

Okay, so I am currently interning for a company in Barcelona that allows people to rent apartments around the city for vacations and holidays. My boss has asked me to get the company into the affiliate marketing business. As a lowly college student, I have never done something like this before. Basically, he wants me to have other websites redirect to our website and then pay them if that person ends up booking an apartment.

For example, let's say another website has a picture of one of our company's apartment. The customer sees that picture and says, "Oh that looks nice, Let me click that." Once clicked, it redirects them to our website where they have the chance to book that apartment. If they do book, we pay the original website a commission for providing us with service...

So my real qestion is how do I do this? How do I get redirect links to our website on other sites, and then how do I track it all? I am really confused and would really appreciate any help. If this isn't the right section to be posting this, point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

You need 2 things. (probably more, but this is a start)

1. A technical solution to track affiliates, referrals, and payments.
    2. Advertising for your affiliate program

The first one can be run in house, if you have a technical team to build the links and the software and the tracking, but many companies join a Network... The network takes care of all that. Advertising you have to do - this gets word out about your program, making affiliates aware of your program, and recruiting them to promote your program.

In order to get your links on other sites, you'll want to advertise your program to reach affiliates who work in the real estate niche, and you'll want to do a competitive analysis against other programs in the real estate niche... You need to understand what the various program terms are - cookie duration, commission rate, etc - and make your terms attractive/better than the competition. Affiliates will be eager to go to the programs which make them more money so having better terms than other programs, and advertising your program, is a good way to start attracting affiliates.

For the advertising, you can do that any way you choose. Through the network. Through ABW. Facebook. But you'll want to ask more questions, do some research, and maybe run some low cost tests to determine which method will best reach the good affiliates you want.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    To add to what Matt said you should submit your site to our review forum so affiliates can give their opinion on if it is ready for an affiliate program. There are things that affiliates like to see before they will onboard with an affiliate program.

I recommend that you review networks in your part of the globe starting with Affilired, they specialize in hotel affiliate programs. Use your site to apply to several networks as an affiliate, then you can see what programs are offering to detail the information Matt listed.

Awesome! Thank you guys for the helpful information. I will follow what you guys said and see what happens. Wish me luck.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread