Stress...!
    Just dropped and smashed the screen on my iPhone. Don't you just hate that
    "You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." [COLOR="DarkRed"]-Rabindranath Tagore[/COLOR]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I don't have a shield on mine and need to get one. I got it as an upgrade for $100 but a replacement costs $500.

Hay Chuck,

I hear you brother, I rang my service provider this morning, to inquire about just getting an upgrade rather than going through the insurance hassle. They said an upgrade would cost me 399 euro, but if I changed my plan type with them I could get it for only 99 euro.

I said "cool, but whats the catch?".

She said a new 18 to 24 month contract.

I mean that's just crazy, I'd be locked down again for a minimum of a year and half. Now don't get me wrong, I can pay it. I just don't like the thoughts of not been able to change my network provider if I wanted to. Cause there's a lot of deals going around all the time.

So basically said I'd think about it, then I rang the phone insurance crowd, and they can have a replacement phone out to me in two to three days, but I'll have to pay an excess charge of 75 euro.

I said yeah go ahead. I mean a one off 75 euro charge is better than another contract.

Its a like for like replacement model, but its new. And that's fine with me, as it dose everything I want it to do, check email, stats, phone calls & texts.

Sorry I've gone on a bit. It just annoys me that these large companies tie people down into contracts for a number of years, knowing that in today's climate not everyone can afford to pay excess charges or pay large upgrade fees. So they have no choice but to go for the cheaper option, which comes with a shinny new longer contract....!
    "You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." [COLOR="DarkRed"]-Rabindranath Tagore[/COLOR]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We are with Verizon and get a 22% discount as my wife worked for a large national insurance company. For us we are set with the provider so take the upgrades to get new phones. We can even shift the upgrades between accounts and have five phones on the plan (3 kids), we pay $10 per additional phone number plus the data cost. Three of us upgraded to iPhones this year which extended the phone plan 2 years. Out of the service providers in my area Verizon has the best service so not interested in the other providers.

Affiliate Manager
    I've seen some local repair services that can rehab iPhones, have you tried to find ones near you (all)?

6. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread