Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    Non-profit / Cause Marketing / Affiliate Marketing Question
    I have desired with all of my being to utilize affiliate marketing for cause marketing initiatives, but have come up without a response.

    Is it a trust factor on the part of people because I am not managing a nonprofit entity?

    Have the Ponzi's out there completely removed good will from the people in our very wealthy country? (USA)

    Do people reject my message because of an aesthetic reason? I cannot help it that I am not a Web site designer with oodles of skills.

    Do you have any interest in mentoring me so I can provide more help for the homeless shelters and soup kitchens?

  2. #2
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by RWHowe View Post
    Is it a trust factor on the part of people because I am not managing a nonprofit entity?
    Well, yeah. LOL.

    That's part of it. Think you have already answered your own questions...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    I realize I have the framework to understand my dilemma and I appreciate your response. It is true. How would you recommend that I solve it? I'm not asking people to place any assets at risk by helping me bring my vision to life. How can I develop the trust factor if the ones who are able to do so don't put me to the test? That's kind of muddled, but I hope you know what I am trying to say.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    I guess what I a hoping for is to hear from those who have explored cause marketing from a "for profit" perspective and been successful. We know that many "non-profits" make plenty of profits, so that is not the issue for me, and imho, shouldn't be the issue for other open minded people who want to provide for the homeless and the hungry, et al.

  5. #5
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Have to keep in mind that "Cause Marketing" where it pertains to affiliate programs is often looked down upon by many in the affiliate population.

    That being said, it is doubtful anyone would offer advice to which will aid in your succeeding. Not that your intentions don't sound pure. It's just that other websites combining cause marketing with affiliate marketing have clearly established what they do to upset other affiliates.

    Do a search on this forum for OneCause and FreeCause...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    I'll do the search you recommended, and thank you. As with so many things, and this pertaining to the aesthetic aspect of a concept, a Web site, a mission statement, I guess what I am discerning, with your help, is that it is all in the packaging. What I mean is this - If I have a goal to help people in need, I'll just need to "package" it as if my goal is to be a fantastic affiliate marketer, utilizing the tools to the best of my ability, leaving the "cause marketing" aspect off the table, and then do what I want with the funds once I earn them. It isn't always about the validity of a concept, or a person's conscience, but how things are perceived by others, based on their own experience or opinions, that makes the difference. Either way, we just need to listen and learn and eventually communicate what we have learned to others. Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2012
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    33
    Have you tried reaching out directly to the organizations? Might help - but are you looking to make a profit off of it, because it probably would not be well-received.

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2011
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by RWHowe View Post
    ... If I have a goal to help people in need, I'll just need to "package" it as if my goal is to be a fantastic affiliate marketer, utilizing the tools to the best of my ability, leaving the "cause marketing" aspect off the table, and then do what I want with the funds once I earn them. ...
    This ^^
    Ray Khooda
    Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]Ray.k@uprinting.com[/email]

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrintRay View Post
    This ^^
    Please clarify.

    Thanks.

  10. Thanks From:

  11. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    Thanks for the response, DianRiccs
    Quote Originally Posted by DinaRiccs View Post
    Have you tried reaching out directly to the organizations? Might help - but are you looking to make a profit off of it, because it probably would not be well-received.
    Are you familiar with the concept that some say about the best method for marketing successfully is to attract attention to yourself by marketing to the seven deadly sins? You know, lust, greed, gluttony, etc.

    It seems that some npo's think we believe that is the best method, but I don't believe it for a moment.

    Your thoughts?

  12. #11
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by RWHowe View Post
    Are you familiar with the concept that some say about the best method for marketing successfully is to attract attention to yourself by marketing to the seven deadly sins? You know, lust, greed, gluttony, etc.

    It seems that some npo's think we believe that is the best method, but I don't believe it for a moment.

    Your thoughts?
    Lost me with what this has to do with your original query.

    On a related note -

    FEAR is a very strong marketing tool...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  13. #12
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2011
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by RWHowe View Post
    Please clarify.

    Thanks.
    What I was saying is that you came up with your own solution to your original question. With all due respect, very few people care what you want to do with your profits. If you want to donate your profits to a worthy cause for your own gratification, go ahead. What does that have to do with attracting affiliates? To attract good affiliates you need to have a good program, not a kind program.

    Like you said: "my goal is to be a fantastic affiliate marketer, utilizing the tools to the best of my ability, leaving the "cause marketing" aspect off the table, and then do what I want with the funds once I earn them"

    Do this and you will be successful in your efforts.
    Ray Khooda
    Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]Ray.k@uprinting.com[/email]

  14. Thanks From:

  15. #13
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by PrintRay View Post
    What I was saying is that you came up with your own solution to your original question. With all due respect, very few people care what you want to do with your profits. If you want to donate your profits to a worthy cause for your own gratification, go ahead. What does that have to do with attracting affiliates? To attract good affiliates you need to have a good program, not a kind program.
    Believe RWHowe IS the affiliate
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  16. Thanks From:

  17. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20


    I can see why there would be a need for clarification on that.

    True: RWHowe is the affiliate.

    Also true: Even as an affiliate, it is more important that I run a good program, rather than a kind one. The first will lead to the second, if managed well.



    Thanks, everyone!

  18. Thanks From:

  19. #15
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2011
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Believe RWHowe IS the affiliate
    Thanks for the clarification Convergence. Sorry RWhowe if I misunderstood. Glad the advice did some good to you anyway.
    Ray Khooda
    Affiliate Manager
    Email: [email]Ray.k@uprinting.com[/email]

  20. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2012
    Posts
    20
    To clarify...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrintRay View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Convergence. Sorry RWhowe if I misunderstood. Glad the advice did some good to you anyway.
    No need to apologize at all, my friend. Sometimes in life, and especially on the Web, we just have to be willing to clarify communication, and not take offense where none is intended.

    We'll leave that trash to the folks who insult each other on Yahoo! News, et al.

    That's what makes this community such a great tool for those who listen, learn, and apply.

    RWHowe

  21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. affiliate marketing question
    By goldquest affiliate in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
  2. [PPC Marketing] Bidding Advice for Generating Maximum Profit
    By Geno Prussakov in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
  3. question about affiliate marketing
    By johnsale in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 14th, 2007, 11:59 AM
  4. Software Profit giving Affiliate Marketing a bad name
    By Angel Djambazov in forum Suspicious Activity!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •