Google and Affiliate Blog
    I started a software deal (promoting affiliate product) blog in November 2011. From December onward I started getting sales.

Most of my traffic comes from social media promotion, search engine (Google) and some paid advertisement on Microsoft AdCenter and Facebook ads. I also started advertisement on Google AdWords but Google banned my AdWords account because of landing page which he look as bridge page or affiliate page.

From past 2 months my Google search traffic is getting down and it is almost nil. I write unique article on this blog no copied content and no short article all articles are above 300 words.

I don’t know how Google look affiliate site and does it not give any position on search result.

I want to know do any of you face this type of problem and what I can do to bring search traffic on my blog which is focused on affiliate sales.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Google's 2 most recent updates devalue thin affiliate sites. If your site offers real value and content it probably will rank well.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Google usually gives new sites good rankings for a period of a few months.. after a while, the site will move down the list, and settle into a more normal position.

If you are writing fresh and unique content, your results will begin to climb, but it takes time and patience for that to happen.

Presumably your blog is focused on a specific niche, and the content adds value to the products you are trying to promote? If you are just writing about deals online, it will be difficult to compete against the major deal sites. However, if you write software reviews, or provide original ideas on specific applications, and then share the deal information, those posts should start to improve.

Every affiliate here has had the same experience - you need to make sure your site is unique, and helpful. Just continue to write content, but don't stop reading & learning about Google SEO. Panda and Penguin impacted many affiliate sites.

4. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Also check the recent discussion on no-follow on ABW.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Gottlieb View Post
    Google's 2 most recent updates devalue thin affiliate sites. If your site offers real value and content it probably will rank well.
    I always try to write good and quality article but how Google can say this content is with no or less value for visitors. I have seen about 1.4% conversion on my blog which I feel is good and for me my visitors are getting good value.

I just want to get rid of Google and want to find some good ways of increasing traffic to my blog. Google wants every site should follow its rule not what website owners want.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infoshine View Post
    I always try to write good and quality article but how Google can say this content is with no or less value for visitors. I have seen about 1.4% conversion on my blog which I feel is good and for me my visitors are getting good value.
    1. It's the Google's search engine.
    2. You are a competitor of the Google - they eliminate their competition.
    3. You are one of endless websites - possibility exists there may be better ones.

I just want to get rid of Google and want to find some good ways of increasing traffic to my blog.
    More and more people probably feel that way every day.

Google wants every site should follow its rule not what website owners want.
    Yes.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread