SellFire.com
    Cross Network Publisher Reporting Suite
    Hello,

What, if anything, are publishers using to track commissions across all of their affiliate networks? Obviously, the networks each have their own reporting functionality, but it's pretty annoying to have to log into a whole bunch of different networks to figure out how you're sales are doing.

Are there any tools out there that aggregate this information into a single source? How are you all managing this? I saw a single app on the Apple App Store, but the reviews said it didn't work.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacinnes View Post
    Hello,

What, if anything, are publishers using to track commissions across all of their affiliate networks? Obviously, the networks each have their own reporting functionality, but it's pretty annoying to have to log into a whole bunch of different networks to figure out how you're sales are doing.

Are there any tools out there that aggregate this information into a single source? How are you all managing this? I saw a single app on the Apple App Store, but the reviews said it didn't work.

Thanks,
    Jason
    1. No, it is not annoying to have to log in to separate networks - I am always logged in to several networks.

2. Yes, there are tools that aggregate this info but they require one to give them their log in info, including passwords, to each network. Few if any, affiliates would consider doing this, and rightly so.

3. This is a solution to a problem that does not exist.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Most networks have APIs to gather statistics.

A publisher could pull all the info from the different network APIs into their own database and then display them at will within a "corporate domain name".

Been planing on it for some time now - just haven't gotten around to pulling it all together...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

SellFire.com
    1. No, it is not annoying to have to log in to separate networks - I am always logged in to several networks.
    Of course, logging in is just the start of the problem. After logging in one would actually have to compile it into a single source.

2. Yes, there are tools that aggregate this info but they require one to give them their log in info, including passwords, to each network. Few if any, affiliates would consider doing this, and rightly so.
    Happen to have links or names for any these tools?

3. This is a solution to a problem that does not exist.
    Glad what ever it is that you are doing is working for you.

Convergence - Yes, an API integration tool (for networks that support it) is exactly what I am looking for. And contrary to what Affiliate Hound claims, that would of course not require user names or passwords to work.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

There have been several threads in the past talking about such tools and the primary concern has always been the need to provide the third party your passwords. Of course your own script using APIs would not involve such disclosure. The only thread I can find now (have I mentioned what a pain all this re-organization of forums is?) is this one, but there have been more recent ones mentioning specific third party tools.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Yes, an API integration tool (for networks that support it) is exactly what I am looking for.
    No tool available other than what AH touched on. What I was discussing is something you would have to build yourself.

And contrary to what Affiliate Hound claims, that would of course not require user names or passwords to work.
    Actually, it requires passwords, "keys", etc. However, what AH was referring to was a 3rd party program that requires you to give them your network information. It was discussed here on ABW...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

SellFire.com
    Thanks for the replies and posts to the older threads. To save other people some digging, this service was the only one that I found mentioned by name.

Home: AffiliateReporting.com

I was hoping something much cheaper (or free) existed. Their pricing strikes me as very high, but the product also claims to do a lot more than I need it for.

Obviously, there would need to be some amount of trust on behalf of the affiliate for anyone interested in using this type of service. Whether it be log-in credentials or API keys, the service provider could collect a lot of information about you. Though with API keys only, which is all that is needed for the major networks, they would be prevented from changing your account in anyway.

That being said, I'm kind of surprised there isn't a more widely used solution for this. I disagree with AffiliateHound that there is not a problem to be solved here - refreshing a page per network and crunching numbers your self is time-consuming. Particularly so for something that you do multiple times per day. As an affiliate myself, I would definitely use something that made it easier. Also, some solution implementations could help ease the users sense of distrust.

For instance, if this was made as a WP plugin, the plugin author wouldn't need to collect data at all. There would be no need to have passwords or keys sent to a third party. The API calls/screen scraping could all be run from your own WP server, without the plugin ever sending your credentials anywhere other than the affiliate network. Same with a desktop app.

-Jason
    Jason MacInnes

I assume that the time you spend examining transaction reports would be the same whether they are broken up among a group of networks or aggregated on one site. That said, I just clicked the tab to open the site and refreshed the transaction report on eight networks. It took 1 minute, 15 seconds to do.

I stand by my view that a tool or service that aggregates such reports, especially if there is a cost involved, is not needed and would be utilized by very few affiliates.

9. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread