Do you put non-affiliate things on your blog?
    Do you bother putting legitimate articles with no affiliate links on your blogs or do you make each and every article specifically for affiliate links?

For example, if I ran a blog about weight loss, should each page be advertising something or should I throw in some legitimate articles about healthy living as well?

Quote Originally Posted by koallah View Post
    Do you bother putting legitimate articles with no affiliate links on your blogs or do you make each and every article specifically for affiliate links?

For example, if I ran a blog about weight loss, should each page be advertising something or should I throw in some legitimate articles about healthy living as well?
    What do you think you readers would appreciate more? That should be your guide.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

3. Thanks From:

What Bill said..

Affiliate links can often support an article, but they're not necessary every time... and to gain a reputation as a helpful content site, you have to tone down the sales pitches. I publish plenty of articles on my site without affiliate links.

Yeah, I thought this over and realized I'm retarded. I just wasn't sure if I should bother dedicating time to a single site or if I should make thirty half-assed 'blogs' instead.

I'm going to go with making a site that hosts legitimate content with an occasional affiliate ad instead. I think I found my niche and there doesn't seem to be too much competition for it so I guess I'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the replies

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Yeah, I thought this over and realized I'm retarded. I just wasn't sure if I should bother dedicating time to a single site or if I should make thirty half-assed 'blogs' instead.
    I don't think a retarded person could ask the questions you did. Its a legitimate question and looks like you understand the response.

Working with review affiliates for years so of them will review a product giving their best opinion then conclude by suggesting a better product and linking with an affiliate link.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread