Does anybody know if CJ can track click through rates on a per-individual product basis. If so, could you tell me which affliate program they offer it for?

I'm corresponding with Sports Authority and right now, I can't get per product click through rates. The issue appears to be on CJ's end and I'm trying to determine if this is a system-wide feature that's lacking.

Thanks in advance.

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

The ability to track performance of individual products was recently disabled by CJ, during one of their "upgrades".

Apparently, they don't feel it's necessary for Publishers to be able to track product performance on an individual basis. Lumping all products together under "Product Catalog 1" should be all the information we need.

Remember, CJ knows what's best for us...

If you do a search for this topic, you'll find several threads addressing this issue, all of which have been ignored by CJ.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Sorry, I had to jump in here

You could use the SID (shopper ID) functionality on Product Links to determine which product links were clicked through and a Sale occured from this cookie. You'd have to set the value of the SID parameter to something you could use to identify this product by... most likely a SKU number or product name.

However, a user could click through this link, and end up buying a different product... so, it really isn't a way to find out exactly which product was purchased.
    This problem existed with CJ's old product catalog functionality as well.

As for impression and click statistics, there unfortunately wouldn't be a way to track these

Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks !

./ mysterious ultraman cj random poster guy ./

ultraman wrote:
    quote:
    As for impression and click statistics, there unfortunately wouldn't be a way to track these

And THAT information is exactly what Publishers need!

It used to be provided, why was it dropped?

If the product is a dud on my site, that's fine. I want to yank it and try something else. No use wasting valuable real estate on something that won't perform. But now, there's no way of knowing.

If the product produces a sale, that's great. I can track that, but I need to know what ISN'T performing, which products are getting clicked and not producing sales as well.

All this does is help to conceal merchant fraud by not giving Publishers adequate information. Product pages can change, products can be discontinued, but I have no idea if they're working or not unless I go around clicking my own links! What a waste of time, and it makes EPC figures totally WORTHLESS!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I've been emailing CJ about this issue. On a static link, SIDs will only show up as "Product 1", which essentially makes them worthless.

The impression I'm getting is that even on a dynamic link, you still can't monitor click-throughs on a per product basis, but I've got yet another email into CJ to confirm this. If so, I'm emailing my vendors and explaining to them why I'm looking at other affliate programs elsewhere.

There is simply no excuse for CJ not to be able to provide per product click through response rates.

www.netsweat.com

Here is the response from CJ and it applies to both static and dynamic links:

Unfortunately we only can track by the complete catalog. By adding the SID this would only show up in the transaction report. You would want to hard code the SID into the link to track each links performance. Although this would still not show the click thru ratios. We apologize for any inconvenience.

www.netsweat.com

ABW Ambassador
    If you are not working with too many products, you could pick up different customized url links from your advertiser, one for each product, to simulate the older product link feature.

Fer

quote:
    We apologize for any inconvenience.

There's no need for an apology. Just restore the functionality you used to offer! It's no biggie...

...JUST DO IT!

Andy

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread