Hello from New Zealand
    Hi Guys

I am from New Zealand and sell a unique product.

I am always confused by Affiliate sites as to weather the posters are trying to make commission or trying to get affiliates.

Anyway, I have an Opencart based website which has an Affiliate script built in to it.

So I am wanting comments on Opencart in general and suggestions as to how I can get some affiliates, without joining an affiliate network or incurring large (any) costs.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Affiliate sites are trying to make a commission for bringing consumers to a merchants site. If you have a shopping cart you are a merchant. With a shopping cart script as an affiliate tracking method it is doubtful you will get any affiliates unless you have affiliate asking to sell for you. The other reason would be that you have something totally unique that no one else has and there is high demand for it.

Otherwise you will have to advertise heavily to try and find affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Digmen1 View Post

So I am wanting comments on Opencart in general and suggestions as to how I can get some affiliates, without joining an affiliate network or incurring large (any) costs.
    I can't speak to OpenCart, but on this last question I think its all about networking and getting people to ask. It can be expensive, but I think the networks (or might I suggest advertising on ABestWeb?) can be very worth it.

Doesn't much matter what you are selling, if you are looking to avoid incurring (any) costs, that raises a big red flag for me.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

5. Thanks From:

@Kaizen
    I said large costs.
    I don't mind some costs.
    But I find internet advertising somewhat over priced based on its ROI.
    I am happy to pay for results.

Are you an advertiser or a publisher ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Affiliate sites are trying to make a commission for bringing consumers to a merchants site. If you have a shopping cart you are a merchant. With a shopping cart script as an affiliate tracking method it is doubtful you will get any affiliates unless you have affiliate asking to sell for you. The other reason would be that you have something totally unique that no one else has and there is high demand for it.

Otherwise you will have to advertise heavily to try and find affiliates.
    I may have made the wrong decision to go with a Shopping cart - I did have a hand coded website.

But I saw some figures that showed there were over 150,000 websites based on shopping cart software.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    But I saw some figures that showed there were over 150,000 websites based on shopping cart software.
    Probably right with that number. What you have is a tracking script that can be used by affiliates. Its not an affiliate program. Only useful if you have affiliates coming to you or you are advertising then getting requests. Look at a low cost network like Shareasale or AvantLink.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread