Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    ChecksOnSale Closed?
    I just noticed from popshops that ChecksOnSale was closed. So I went to SAS interface and couldn't find it.

I remember early this year that GirlyChecks being transitioned to ChecksOnSale. But I never received any email notice about ChecksOnSale closed. When did it happen? Anybody know what's going on?

ABW Ambassador
    I noticed the datafeed being closed in PopShops on Friday, not sure what's going on. Under my SAS merchants, ChecksOnSale is now showing as Carousel Checks. I'm not feeling good about all these changes without notice. I hope they replace the datafeed in PopShops soon.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Clicks on SAS for ChecksOnSale.com go to ChecksOnSale.com. However, clicks are showing up as CarouselChecks.com -

FYI, couldn't find COS on SAS...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    There is a datafeed for ChecksOnSale under datafeeds for CarouselChecks, or at least there was the last time I looked. ChecksOnSale appears to have merged with some other companies under the name CarouselChecks.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Still open
    Checksonsale is still running fine. The feed is under Carouselchecks.com 24053 and is still there. They probably pulled out of pop shops, but I'm not certain of this. Just sounds like it.

Hello All,

I'm here to clear things up. First of all I apologize for any confusion this might have caused. Secondly, ChecksOnSale is NOT closed. If anything the program on SAS has improved. We wanted to add Carousel Checks and Extra Value Checks to the program so our publishers could have access to more products and in a more organized fashion. An e-mail went out through SAS titled "Program Improvements" about adding Carousel and Extra Value Checks on June 22, 2012. This e-mail also provided the new banners and a direct link to the new feeds. You can find the link to this e-mail below. The name of the program switched from Checks on Sale to Carousel Checks because Checks on Sale is a brand of Carousel. You can still find Checks on Sale under Carousel Checks. I am working with PopShops to get the feed issue straightened out as soon as possible. Once I do I will send out an e-mail and also update this thread.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and if the newsletter didn't cover every detail of this transition. I will make certain that future correspondence provides more information and try and cover any issues that might arise from changes.

If there are EVER any questions, concerns or comments regarding our program please contact anytime.

Link to Newsletter:
    https://www.carouselchecks.com/Affil...ewsletter_June
    Aaron Austin|Affiliate Manager
    Carousel Checks
    [SIZE="2"]aaustin@carouselchecks.com[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]P: (708) 381-5460[/SIZE]

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by bluewaves1 View Post
    Checksonsale is still running fine. The feed is under Carouselchecks.com 24053 and is still there......
    Yeah, I'm seeing that too - for our datafeed sites (mostly using CJ feeds).

Many thanks for the explanation, Aaron. We did get the newsletter and noted thaose changes. Everything has been working fine - up until the PopShops snafu this weekend.

Had I not seen this thread I might not have noticed - that we had nearly 75 "dead" pages this morning. But I've been working since that first cup of coffee - swapping out links - and they are almost all displaying products again. The only one that really hurts is the "dog" stuff - because someone had created an awesome selection of dog-theme checks there a while back.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for your post Aaron.

So ChecksOnSale program is closed(I search it on SAS, not found), ChecksOnSale products are under Carousel Checks. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yeah, I'm seeing that too - for our datafeed sites (mostly using CJ feeds).

Many thanks for the explanation, Aaron. We did get the newsletter and noted thaose changes. Everything has been working fine - up until the PopShops snafu this weekend.

Had I not seen this thread I might not have noticed - that we had nearly 75 "dead" pages this morning. But I've been working since that first cup of coffee - swapping out links - and they are almost all displaying products again. The only one that really hurts is the "dog" stuff - because someone had created an awesome selection of dog-theme checks there a while back.
    More than welcome Bill. Happy you received the newsletter. PopShops and datafeed is top of my to-do list today. As always if there is anything else that needs my attention, don't hesitate to point it out and I will get on it ASAP.
    Carousel Checks

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Thanks for your post Aaron.

So ChecksOnSale program is closed(I search it on SAS, not found), ChecksOnSale products are under Carousel Checks. Correct?
    ChecksOnSale is not closed. You are right in saying you cannot find it by searching ChecksOnSale through SAS, you instead would need to search Carousel Checks and you'll see ChecksOnSale is alive and well there. ChecksOnSale was not closed, we simply changed the merchant account name. It's the same SAS ID # 24053.

Our thoughts are to give publishers three brands, three unique datafeeds and one master feed with ALL brand products under one merchant account. This way you can have the best of three worlds. Just so happen that Carousel is our main brand and we wanted that to be the name of the merchant account. Sorry for all the confusion mayfly! Happy to help in anyway I can to clear anything else up.
    Last edited by Aaron Austin; July 16th, 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added text
    Carousel Checks

ABW Ambassador
    I am in Carousel Checks GAN program. Not sure if it is the datafeed structure issue or popshops issue. There is no sub-cat under the category "personal checks"(I'm refer to popshops feed listing). So all 464 products are piled together. They were better categorized under ChecksOnSale before when check themes(such as animals, flowers, sports...) is listed as sub-cats under "Personal Checks". So much easier for niche selection.

Maybe you can fix it?

I am in Carousel Checks GAN program. Not sure if it is the datafeed structure issue or popshops issue. There is no sub-cat under the category "personal checks"(I'm refer to popshops feed listing). So all 464 products are piled together. They were better categorized under ChecksOnSale before when check themes(such as animals, flowers, sports...) is listed as sub-cats under "Personal Checks". So much easier for niche selection.

Maybe you can fix it?
    Are you referring to the datafeed in GAN not having sub-categories?

I am happy to fix what I can.
    Carousel Checks

ABW Ambassador
    This is how GAN feed listing on popshops:

Carousel Checks (2,187)
    3 to a Page Voucher Checks (6)
    Accessory (146)
    Address Label (381)
    Address Labels (426)
    Binder Checkbook Covers (10)
    Business 3 to a Page Deposit Tickets (1)
    Business Check (84)
    Business Check Categories (36)
    Checkbook Covers (28)
    Computer 3 to a Page Checks Personal Size (6)
    Computer Checks (1)
    Deposit Book (7)
    Deposit Books (1)
    Deskset Check (23)
    Deskset Checks (6)
    Ink Stamp (16)
    Ink Stamps (5)
    Laser Check (30)
    Laser Voucher Checks Top Style (37)
    Middle Style Laser Voucher Checks (19)
    Personal Bank Checks (464)
    Personal Check (452)

Personal Deposit Tickets (1)
    Quickbook Deposit Tickets (1)

As you can see, Personal Bank Checks (464), Personal Check (452) have no sub-categories.

Plus, the feed is poorly categorized, example:
    Deposit Book (7)
    Deposit Books (1)
    Deskset Check (23)
    Deskset Checks (6)
    Ink Stamp (16)
    Ink Stamps (5)

This is how GAN feed listing on popshops:

Carousel Checks (2,187)
    3 to a Page Voucher Checks (6)
    Accessory (146)
    Address Label (381)
    Address Labels (426)
    Binder Checkbook Covers (10)
    Business 3 to a Page Deposit Tickets (1)
    Business Check (84)
    Business Check Categories (36)
    Checkbook Covers (28)
    Computer 3 to a Page Checks Personal Size (6)
    Computer Checks (1)
    Deposit Book (7)
    Deposit Books (1)
    Deskset Check (23)
    Deskset Checks (6)
    Ink Stamp (16)
    Ink Stamps (5)
    Laser Check (30)
    Laser Voucher Checks Top Style (37)
    Middle Style Laser Voucher Checks (19)
    Personal Bank Checks (464)
    Personal Check (452)

Personal Deposit Tickets (1)
    Quickbook Deposit Tickets (1)

As you can see, Personal Bank Checks (464), Personal Check (452) have no sub-categories.

Plus, the feed is poorly categorized, example:
    Deposit Book (7)
    Deposit Books (1)
    Deskset Check (23)
    Deskset Checks (6)
    Ink Stamp (16)
    Ink Stamps (5)
    I have submitted a ticket to PopShops Merchant Support regarding ChecksOnSale and will take a look into getting our GAN feed more organized.

I really appreciate your comments so keep them coming!
    Carousel Checks

17. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Arron.

I just sent you an email regarding my application to join your CJ program. As I said, I'm in your GAN program, but due to the datafeed discrepancy issue, many of the products I was promting are not listed on GAN or SAS feed.

I see SAS feed is up, but only listing half of the products as compare to CJ:

CJ: Carousel Checks (2,950)
    SAS: Carousel Checks (1,439)
    GAN Carousel Checks (2,187)

SAS feed structure is almost impossible to use:

Carousel Checks (1,439)
    -- Business/Services (1,437)
    -- Financial (1,437)

Not sure why it show up like this, I think it has to do with the category and sub-category setting.

(Added: I see my CJ application has been approved, thanks Arron for your timely response. We need more merchants' AM paticipate/resolve issues like this )

Received your e-mail and you are all set in CJ.

I apologize for the feeds being this way. I have been trying to fix them/ better organize them since taking over the program back in March. Also this is a problem that unfortunately occurs when running a multiple network program.

PopShops responded back and said that they are updating their system with our SAS program (Carousel Checks) and should be going live with it soon.

A big project for me is to make all feeds across all networks consistent with one another.
    Carousel Checks

20. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Aaron, just wanted to let you know that PopShops is now showing SAS Carousel Checks datafeed and no changes/link updates are needed on the affiliate side. Looks like they simply renamed the datafeed.

22. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Aaron, just wanted to let you know that PopShops is now showing SAS Carousel Checks datafeed and no changes/link updates are needed on the affiliate side. Looks like they simply renamed the datafeed.
    This is great to hear, thank you for the update. They work quick!
    Carousel Checks

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Hey Aaron, I'd add "checksonsale" to your keyword list in SAS - that way if it's searched, people will at least see CarouselChecks as an option.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

25. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Hey Aaron, I'd add "checksonsale" to your keyword list in SAS - that way if it's searched, people will at least see CarouselChecks as an option.
    Great suggestion! I had "checks on sale" in there but most likely people searching would use "checksonsale." Updated the search terms.

THANKS!
    Carousel Checks

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    then make a note on the program details page that ChecksOnSale.com has been rolled in - you'll be all good then.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

28. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    then make a note on the program details page that ChecksOnSale.com has been rolled in - you'll be all good then.
    Noted and updated!

Thanks again!
    Carousel Checks

ABW Ambassador
    Aaron - I'm not sure if you've made changes to the SAS datafeed since yesterday but I'm now showing 111 inactive products for SAS Carousel Checks. The products are in stock. When I do a search in PopShops for the product, no replacement is found. You might want to have a look at the datafeed as something went horribly wrong with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Aaron - I'm not sure if you've made changes to the SAS datafeed since yesterday but I'm now showing 111 inactive products for SAS Carousel Checks. The products are in stock. When I do a search in PopShops for the product, no replacement is found. You might want to have a look at the datafeed as something went horribly wrong with the update.
    No changes have been made to my knowledge. I will look into this ASAP and let you know what I uncover. Thank you for letting me know and you'll hear from me tomorrow with either a resolution or very least more detail.

Thanks again,

Aaron
    Carousel Checks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast