A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.

The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

only one thing I thought of when I received this....Happy Thanksgiving Mike and Charlie!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike, dont let Charlie to read this otherwise he would never ever get near that freezer again. Or on the other hand let him read if he is not behaiving himself.............

Still after reading this I am pretty much sure he is not going to give up on one word i.e. "AdWhore". He is going to come out of that freezer well behaived but will only ask one question "Mike, May I ask what the AdWhore Turkey did?"
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Come tomorrow evening Charlie will be munching on his favorite Holiday treat. Trimmed Turkey leg bone. He'll have greese all over his breast feathers as he doesn't stop till he's gotten to all the bone marrow. Parrot must be cannibals as he even loves the less hefty chicken leg bones too. I count my blessings as it sure beats him chewing holes in the ceiling and drywall....and the only noise he makes is slurping sounds and an occassional obligatory uuuummhh ...pass the gravy comment.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    and the only noise he makes is slurping sounds and an occassional obligatory uuuummhh ...pass the gravy comment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit one thing, you really know how to write Mike. I wonder if you ever tried writting a novel or something, did you?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Heck I've been writing my novel here at ABW for 4 years now. I'm responsible for more Coca Cola blown through ABWers noses and busted threads then Haiko allows.

Agreed, i dont know what I was thinking.

Well, you can start from here and compile that novel of 4 years and sure you can come up with at least, if not more, 6k pages book.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread