beginner questions
    Hi there

Is it best when starting as an affiliate, to set up a website that displays the products that i intend to promote, or is it better to have a domain that, when clicked on directs the consumer through to the sellers website, as long as i have my own hoplink which is linked to my domain.

Any help would be appreciated

Cliff

Thank you for that reply, it is really helpful and you have definately corrected the direction i was thinking of heading in, I'll take this advice and use it the best i can. Once again thank you for your reply.

phantom

BUILD YOUR MAILING LIST! BUILD YOUR MAILING LIST! BUILD YOUR MAILING LIST!...
    And how do you build that list? With a one-page website called a squeeze page...
    you got my SHORT explanation of the right way to do this business...
    It's probably worth mentioning this is just one form of affiliate marketing - it's not the only way (or the only "right" way!) to succeed in this business.

Don't forget the importance of fresh content, and a site that offers your readers something different. I suspect in this day & age of Google Panda & Penguin, it's tougher for squeeze pages to get ranked.

The reason Wordpress has become a popular platform for affiliate marketers is because you can expand a site quickly by (easily) adding more content. I would suggest starting with Wordpress, perhaps one or two pages to start with, but don't stop there. Build a site, not a page.

4. Thanks From:

I went the instructional route for my affiliate site. It isn't hugely successful, but it has been effective - I haven't entirely finished it yet, and I haven't promoted it... Just some regular organic with good conversion rate on low traffic.

It hits on some keywords popular in the niche, and gives unique content that instructs newbies how to do some stuff.

Cliff's advice works for him. I know T's advice works for her. My approach seems to do alright. Lot's of possible ways to go about things, probably the best is to test different approaches and see what works best for you... I'd find some products/merchants you want to focus on, try various approaches, and then spend more time in what shows the most promise.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

6. Thanks From:

Ok Cliff you have a great squeeze page, how do you drive traffic to it?

I am not criticising that method at all because it does work for many but I prefer to drive traffic direct to my site and only work with merchants with long cookie periods, then the casual visitor is not lost.

Regards
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

8. Thanks From:

My experience says build a Wordpress Site with one page for an affiliate product insert your hoplink and redirect traffic to the vendor's site. Then add an effective squeeze page to the front page of the site to capture leads and build a list of subscribers that you have permission to market to via email. Then research to become a SEO, Listbuilding and Email Marketing Exeprt. In time you can add more pages affiliate products and maybe some reviews to the site to comply with Google's Algorithm.

PS. Remember First Things First! Wordperss Site + Suqeeze Page + Pre Loaded Auto Responder Sequence + Build Your List +Build A Relationship And Repoort with Your Subscribers = A MASSIVE REVENUE GENERATOR!!

Hope This Helps...

Remember First Things First! Wordperss Site + Suqeeze Page + Pre Loaded Auto Responder Sequence + Build Your List +Build A Relationship And Repoort with Your Subscribers = A MASSIVE REVENUE GENERATOR!!
    Is that what you think affiliate marketing is...? Wow.

Good luck getting ranked with no content... affiliate marketing is about adding value...

You Are Absolutely 100% Correct! Creating and Providing Value is Truly The Central Nerve System of Successful Internet Marketing. That defines the Google Term Content Is King. I was being distracted here at home while posting that incomplete comment. Thanks for catching that. I Apologize... I don't want to miss inform or mislead any one I was not paying attention. Thanks Again

It would be better if you have product review pages on your site before you redirect them to the merchant's site. The conversion on having your own review page versus sending them directly to the merchant's site is considerably higher. Buyers want to know what someone else has to say about a product and see a review before purchasing. If they go through a review page or they read an article before getting to the merchant's site, that can make the difference when it comes to how much they trust would trust the product or the merchant's site.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

13. Thanks From:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread