ABW Ambassador
    Zappos so far cancelled 75% of all our sales in January. Reasons - invalid credit cards, returned merchandise etc. I wonder what takes them more than a month to decide on a invalid credit card?

Anyone else seeing these amount of reversals from Zappos. I think I have to decide whether to keep them any longer in my site.

I've seen many merchants play that game. Claiming that most of the sales were bad vredit cards. I also run a few real world commercial web sites and I can tell you from experiance that you do occasionally get a credit card that passes the initial checks at the point of sale and later comes back to the merchant as a bad (stolen) card. But this happens very very seldom.
    Some merchants are constantly playing this game because they know that the affiliates have no way verifying what they say, and the networks just look the other way.
    What the networks do not realize is that they also are losing money by allowing this practice! No mercnat could survive with the bad charge card / returned merchandise that some are claiming!

ABW Ambassador
    We track all transactions with SID and get back to real customers in case of ANY reversals. In case of invalid credit cards, we will obviously not get a reply back from the customers. But for other cases like returns, generally customer will reply.

My opinion of zappos is the same I have of common crooks.

15 years and counting
    I just have the usual 30% reversal. Something is wrong if you're going above, let's say, 40%.
    It means you're not selling to the right people. Try to see in your logs who is buying from you.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Interestingly I do not have reversals from any other merchants.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Out of my 300 merchants I only had one who reversed any January sales from my elite group of shoppers. 100% of my Jan. Zappos sales were reversed today due to "invalid" CC. ....uuuummmmmhh

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Dump Zappos ASAP.

I've sold for Shoes.com for many months and only remember one reversal for them.

Shoes and Clothing merchants seem to think we
    will accept such a high returned merchandise rate, but other honest merchants clue us in on the real statistics.

ABW Ambassador
    So far they have only reversed less than 20% of my sales for January. Both were for returned merchandise, which I can believe.

I forgot it was that time of month

Coming in at 20% reversals, not too bad.

LOL! Here we go the monthly Zapped thread!

Mike are you serious...100% of your sales reversed?

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Has anyone else noticed that Zappos is no longer batching transactions? They used to batch transactions so that partial returns would be credited to affiliates, but seems that they no longer care.

Anyone heard of http://www.shoespot.com/affiliatewiz/ (Zappos just isn't worth it)

ABW Ambassador
    I knew there was a reason I didn't like the looks of that Zappos guy with the double chin that has been cropped out on CJ's login page.

""With Commission Junction we got the online exposure we wanted ..."
    Zappos.com

Yeah, and....
    It's a pleasure screwing business ,(Ooops, Freudian slip there ), I mean doing business with their wide network of affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    more than a month to decide on a invalid credit card?

They don't "wait to decide", they just pile them all up and do them all at once, instead of having to pick and poke at it every day.

As far a batched partial transactions go, do consider that probably 90% to 95% of orders are for only one item in the first place.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

ABW Ambassador
    Note to self: stop the free shill jobs for the good merchants that everybody squawks about; let everybody else drop them and I'll have them all to myself. ahahahahahahahahahaha [evil laugh]

ABW Ambassador
    I too ... Have about the 30% reversal rate from this merchant.

But I have never seen anyone here report they have brought something ... or know of someome who did with facts ... and had it reversed.

Untill that happens .. It the cost of doing buissness with Zappos.

Reason I bring this up is because I brought a pair of sandles myself and they cut into my toes ... I returned them and saw the "returned merchandize"

Dave

No, Zappos ain't that bad compared to the other merchant I have. At least Zappos uses different reasons to reverse.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    sales from my elite group of shoppers.

And YOU! "Webmaster Mike". We are sooooo tired of hearing you spouting of your "elite shoppers" and your harping and waxing poetic of your "showcase splendor".

EVERYBODY knows that all smart shoppers shop HERE

I will like to buy some things from http://www.superkickassmall.com so that I can be a smart shopper. If only I could find the lightswitch, the flaming text isn't bright enough for me to see the merchandise. maybe I am not smart enough

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

Hey Deelz ..my savvy shoppers are ELITE...and so are my showcase merchant partner choices. Try pleasing 4.9 million visitors with out ever getting one e-mail complaint that an EcomCity shopper didn't get their merchandise. Not one of my clicks is incented and I don't push lead merchants who rape shoppers privacy info. Sure is amazing that my top 3 merchants processed over 4000 referral sales last year with only 3 reversals. Zappo's just gets negative points for canceling my January sales along with Shoes.com who sold nothing...can price be a factor...hint hint??

If I wasn't pure in my performance evaluation site I wouldn't have anything to back up my rants and disclosures since 1997. Doing tricks for clicks is not my bag as EcomCity is a pressure point on the networks bleeding merchants.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I will like to buy some things from http://www.superkickassmall.com

Due to the unexpected success of our recent FIRE SALE, everything is sold out. Yes, EVERYTHING! Right down to the bare walls!

Try again later

ABW Ambassador
    Any experience with PayLess Shoes on Performics?

I looked at them a while ago and their prices were lower than Zappos.

I've been booting merchants with high reversals from my site. You oughta hear them whine. Zappos is targeted for extinction as soon as I get around to it.

ABW Ambassador
    Well one thing is for sure...Zappos does have the highest return rate of any shoe store online. I doubt whether that will be refuted in terms of sure percentage of returns/cancellations....

I too am curious about Payless shoes from Performics...Do they convert being such a big brick and morter shoe store....

Payless Shoes is not on my list of available merchants with Performics. However, they are on Befree. I carry them and have had no conversions with them since 7-3-01. I keep them on hoping that the CoC might change things.

They are being considered for removal along with most of my Befree merchants since most have stopped converting since the beginning of the reign of parasites.

Gene
    TCS

Total clicks to payless since 2001 is 1472
    From 02/01/2001 To 02/11/2003
    Affiliate Site # Shipments Shipped Sales # Returns Returned Sales Net Sales Site Revenue
    EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community sales=33 $362.17 returns=18 $192.82 $169.35 net commission=$8.98

Yawn...I need a nap..

Charlie ...

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread