OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    "How To" Subscribe to Forums and Threads
    Have gotten several inquiries about how to subscribe to particular individual forums, threads.

If you respond to a thread you will automatically be subscribed to that thread. All responses will send you an email notification. You can un-subscribe by going to your USER CP (control panel) located under the HOME link on all pages. On the left side of the page look under "Your Control Panel" and click the link "List Subscriptions".

To subscribe to ever new thread/post in a particular forum go to that forum, example: Domains & Hosting - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum Click on Forum Tools (located at the top of the thread list) >> Subscribe to This Forum. Your choices are to be notified Daily or Weekly. Daily notifications go out at midnight Eastern Time.

To subscribe to an individual thread go to that thread, example: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/commi...cel-67202.html Go to Tools (located at the top of the thread) >> Subscribe to This Thread. You can get an instant notification, daily or weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Have gotten several inquiries about how to subscribe to particular individual forums, threads.

You can get an instant notification, daily or weekly.
    There is something I was wondering about the "instant notification"...

I notice that when I subscribe to a thread and want an instant notification, I only get ONE email about ONE post made to that thread, and this line below that post: "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

I would like to know how to get more other replies notifications until I visit the forum and login again.

We run vBulletin forum software - in order to prevent triggering spam detection, it is built so that only one notification is sent for a given thread until you return to the site. That is not a configurable setting in the forum software.

It works this way, because if you have "instant notification" set to default for any thread you post in, and you posted in the "what are you listening to now" thread 2 years ago - the software would send you hundreds of email notifications for all the replies in the last 2 years, and sometimes it would send a dozen or more notifications in a very short time span. Ultimately, our mail server would get blacklisted by heuristics.

I hope that explains how it works, why it works that way, and that it isn't a configurable setting in the forum software we run.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

4. Thanks From:

5. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread