Swimming A Mile to Fight Cancer
    Hello ABW Family!

Unfortunately, it is likely that we all know someone who has been effected by cancer in some way. I personally know more than I care to count and it seems to be happening to people I know more and more often lately. For the past two years I have particapated in the Swim Across America findraising event to raise money to help support cancer research. This is an organized event that travels to different cities around the coutry to host pool and/or open water swims that benefit local hospitals and their efforts in conducting research in attempt to find a cure for cancer.

On September 23rd, this year, I will once again jump in the waters of the Chesapeake to participate in the one mile open water swim and the funds that I raise will be donated the the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Reasearch Center at Johns Hopkins. I set my goal at $500 (but would secretly love to match the $2,150 that I raised 2 years ago) and have been given a nice start. Anything that you can do to donate, help, cheer on, or support my efforts in any way would be greatly appreciated.

I want to thank you in advance for your kindness. If you are able to do anythign to help, here is the link that you need to go to: Swim Across America: Baltimore Open Water Swim

Thank you so vey much! *hugs*
    -Jilly Beans
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    In support of your efforts, have made a $25 donation.

Challenging all the other ABW members to match or surpass.

Thank you.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Convergence!!! I don't know what happened, but I PROMISE you I replied to this to thank you! Maybe I closed my browser before I hit Post Reply without realizing. I'm sorry. Can you ever forgive me??? *batting eyes with an innocent smile*??? lol

Anyway. Seriously. Thank you so much for your donation and kindness! And I like that challenge you posted to the rest of the ABW family!

*Training* has been going well. I either swim or walk a good distance a few times a week when I can get a break from my little one now that she is out of faycare but school hasn't started yet. The swim is just over a month away so there is still time for me to train and for friends to donate!
    TIA to those that do!
    Last edited by Jill; August 15th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Minor typo
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Convergence!!! I don't know what happened, but I PROMISE you I replied to this to thank you! Maybe I closed my browser before I hit Post Reply without realizing. I'm sorry. Can you ever forgive me??? *batting eyes with an innocent smile*???
    It's all good.

Have dealt with cancer in my household since 1995. 'nuff said...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

such a good thing! congratulations! unfortunately i don't live in the states and therefore cannot contribute to this the way i would like to...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread