Here's a little Christmas cheer for all from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

31 Australians have suffered serious injuy since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Australians have been hospitalised in the last 3 years by eating Christmas decorations they believed were chocolate.

5 Australians were injured last year in accidents involving out of control electric cars.

3 Australians die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue.

142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins from new shirts.

Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling incidents.

101 Australians since 1997 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.

Oscar