Carlsbad, CA
    Re: Sahs?
    Hiya Folks,
    I am doing a bit of research on ShopAtHome's toolbar application which they (SAHS) maintain is accepted by major networks and is on the up and up. I have noticed that the toolbar does the following:
    • Overwrites Existing Affiliate Coupon Codes
    • Redirects on search results (both PPC and Organic)
    • Redirects on direct-type

When asked, SAHS stated that we could add a snippet of code with an "&asfrc=1" to all our links to block the toolbar from activating.

Does anyone have experience with this type of parameter? Does it work 100% of the time to disable the toolbar? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Central/Western NY State
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateManager_IDS View Post
    When asked, SAHS stated that we could add a snippet of code with an "&asfrc=1" to all our links to block the toolbar from activating.
    Yech! Why do people have to opt out of this stuff?

3. Thanks From:

Online Marketing Consultant
    Washington D.C.
    You may want to ask what it will do to your cookie life by adding in that code.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

The Windy City
    I'm not sure that I know of ANY network that approves of the behaviors that you've described. And frankly, I have to agree with Herb, why should it be your responsibility to keep them honest?

SAH did not design a toolbar with the behaviors that you've described just for fun. They did it so that they could cheat merchants and other affiliates out of their commissions. I fail to see how they add any value.

I personally steer clear of any program that allows toolbar "affiliates".

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread