hmm interesting, Last month(jan) I had 15 hits on ebay, and had zero transactions. this month 2 hits 1 lead and $5. Could ebay be converting better for Feb? hows everyone else doing with Ebay this month?

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    Pretty small sample size to try and say anything changed.

I have gone from 25 nickels to 1 $5 to 50/1. This may have to due with repeat visitors to the site, but the site traffic has also doubled in this same time.

But it all means nothing until reversal time comes around 3 years from now or whenever cj and ebay decide to have some fun.

Chet

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, I stopped promoting ebay. Took a hit, kind of, I think, but then maybe not. When they told me to put my left foot in, shake it all about and do the hokey-pokey, I pretty much figured I needed to replace them, heh.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

ABW Ambassador
    LOL elbowcreek - Yep, the hokey-pokey is exactly what it looked like a lot of ABW'ers were doing with ebay, which is why I never joined in . I like to jump in when I see everyone's having fun doing the electric slide

I'm actually seeing some pretty interesting numbers from eBay lately.

I was seeing some pretty high reversal rates in October-early January. I had $55 out of $75 reversed in October, $60/$100 in November (when I instituted the Editor Kit)

Hard to tell exactly what happened in December, with all the fake transactions, double reversals, and still extended transactions, but I think I still saw about 40% reversals or so.

In January, I still saw $45/$145 leads extended, so that means a reversal rate of 31%.

In February, I have $35 in leads, $0 extended.

Either the buy-it-now has greatly improved my conversion rate, or CJ/eBay are planning another "we made a mistake" event.

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

Ebay has slowly been improving with me also. Only about 1/3 seem to get reversed.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    15 hits have zero statistical significance.

Got a confirmed registration at the beginning of the month, and 3 .05 leads

better than last month....

ABW Ambassador
    We dropped Ebay after Christmas. We're almost to the place now where we don't see any of those obnoxious nickel bids cluttering up our reports anymore.

Remember, Ebay will go a couple of months back, so what you think you have now will just be taken out of your account come March or April (except of course those nickels).

We had nearly every single $5.00 signup reversed for Novemeber and December. Where then did all the nickels come from ever since? (Just a few people did all that bidding?)

ABW Ambassador
    Well the nickel bidders could have been existing users....

Every single signup reversed is might suspicious though.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

ABW Ambassador
    On an average day we will send between 2-3,000 clicks to ebay. The problem is - that is traffic that would make money nowhere else. Ebay is unique in that it is ebay. I think that is why so many people stick it out with them. No other auction site offers the variety of products and ease to access them.

We do not use ebay in our general advertising pool, but for one site in particular, it paysoff to stick with them.

Chet

I agree with Chet. The traffic that goes to eBay probably wouldn't have bought anything from another merchant anyway.

Most of my links to eBay are at the bottom of the page, or on separate pages that are for eBay only. I'd rather chance making a nickel or getting a $5 lead than nothing.

I do think eBay needs to rethink their lead policy, though. They have enough information from sign up to ensure it's legitimate. The fact that they don't bid in 30 days means nothing, the account isn't closed by eBay, so we should be able to keep the commission.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Actually, I'd like to see them drop the lead payout altogether, and just give us a commission on sales or 75 cents/sale, something like that. We'd get rid of all the stupid reversals, and that's what makes their program so darn frustrating. I

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

ABW Ambassador
    hi

this is the emial i sent to ebay

I am getting really fed up with all the reversals, surely you have better equipment, that checks if someone has bid or not, before you credit my account and then reverse an accepted item! i think by now all of my ebay leads have now been reversed! if you treated your customers like that, then you would have none! so why should i advertise you? I await next month with anticipation, and if i have more reversals than i have made that day, then every advert for ebay will be taken off my site, of 200 pages,
    A business is not run like that, you cannot reverse items that were accepted in december, its now february. Get your self a proper system that actually works, or at least respect your affiliates.

this is the reply

Hello,

The process in which we are calculating commissions is this. All leads will automatically be processed as normal, then at the end of each day all leads that didn''t produce a bid or buy it now transaction will be extended. If a sale is generated then the transaction is locked and paid for. All accounts that never generate a bid within thirty days we are reversing. eBay has done a study that if a user doesn''t place a bid within thirty days the account has become dormant in most cases. Thanks

i was in a very bad mood when i emailed them, but does this email actually explain why the transactions were actually accepted???

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread