Expert on Asian Affiliate Networks needed for Harvard Research
    I am a current student at Harvard Business School and I am looking for a subject matter expert on overseas affiliate networks. I am most interested in Asian affiliate networks and the forecast for Asia over the next five years.

I have a good handle on eCommerce size and major merchants in countries within Asia, Europe, and Australia. I am specifically looking for information on (1) Asian affiliate networks and sizes and (2) major publishers (e.g., forums, blogs) in Asia.

If my article is published, you will be referenced by name (if you would like to be).

Please respond here or email me at echernoff @ mba2013 hbs edu if you can help or you can refer me to someone who, or resources that, can help.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 2nd, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: edit out email

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Eric, I recommend looking at the forum list and finding all networks that market to Asia then contacting the network directly.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Eric

We can help out with some basic details but as Chuck said you'll ultimately need to contact the networks directly to get any hard data about their businesses.

We run 3-4 programs in Asia at this time.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks Chuck and Chris.

A few follow-up questions:
    1) Chuck, you mentioned a list of affiliate programs and contacting them directly. I've been unable to find a list or database of every network in each country? Does such a list exist on the website?
    2) Which countries in Asia have the strongest and weakest affiliate networks?
    3) What are the major websites / publishers (forums, blogs, etc.) in Asia where affiliate links are most often used?
    4) Are there other good websites, besides abestweb, to use to find affiliate programs overseas?

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

Best regards,
    Eric

You are going to need to do your homework on this one as I am not aware of directory for Asian affiliate networks. I could be wrong and perhaps someone can post otherwise.

Looking at the forum directory here merchants are either listed by network or as an in-house program, some may work with Asian countries: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/

Networks are listed as sub forums. LinkShare is owned by a Japanese corporation. Commission Junction has multi language networks not aware of any Asian languages. Same with Google, check with them directly. Contact Webgains, Pepperjam, AdCommunal has an Indian network.

There are some OPMs like Chris Sanderson active here and located in Thailand through AMWSO. There are other OPM agencies represented here, contact them all and ask. Reach out to our moderator Nabz who is in Pakistan.

You have your work cut out for yourself, please share your findings back here.

Hi Eric

Drop me an email at Chris/at/amwso.net

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Eroc View Post
    Thanks Chuck and Chris.

A few follow-up questions:
    1) Chuck, you mentioned a list of affiliate programs and contacting them directly. I've been unable to find a list or database of every network in each country? Does such a list exist on the website?
    2) Which countries in Asia have the strongest and weakest affiliate networks?
    3) What are the major websites / publishers (forums, blogs, etc.) in Asia where affiliate links are most often used?
    4) Are there other good websites, besides abestweb, to use to find affiliate programs overseas?

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

Best regards,
    Eric
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

One key issue with the Asian networks is that they are born and die on such a constant basis, a good half of the networks recommended a year ago are no longer live or updated. Only Japan has any real stability, and a couple of networks in China.

8. Thanks From:

Hi everybody

I'm new here and I have found this thread and think it's the closest I get to my issues. I'm looking for an affiliate network where I can get in contact with advertisers like online travel agencies and low cost airlines for primarily the Australien market (and Singapore).

I've been in contact with linkshare that tells me that thay have a wide range of travel related programs but I didn't manage to get out of them some information regarding in particular the Australian and Singaporean markets.They seems to have a good service and are offering a bunch of things but I'm not sure.

Does anybody have any idea of which networks that could be interested for someone looking for OTA's and low cost companies to promote?

Eroc, maybe you found something in your research?

Best Regards,

Dussin

Dussin are you an affiliate and have you applied to the networks as an affiliate? Its not the networks job to shop their merchants for you.

Hi,
    Publisher! I may have expressed myself wrong. Was wondering if there is any networks more travel-related then other in south east Asia.

You're going to have to do your own homework unless someone here can offer a suggestions. Take a look at AffiliRed which has a forum here.

Hi Dussin

A lot of the Travel firms focused on Asia run through in house programs, there are a couple of exceptions, one being Intercontinental, they run their SEA and APAC programs in combination with their US program on CJ.

SEA Networks on the whole are....weak...short lived and poorly supported...I wish it was otherwise! A case in point for that would be Zalora(SEA wide retail store) that recently chose to run on CJ for their entire SEA operation even though they are running in languages that CJ does not support on the interface.

You may also want to check out HasOffers.com, due to the flexible language support they offer they do attract a range of Asian programs.

Feel free to contact me direct at chris /at/ amwso.net

Cheers

Chris

14. Thanks From:

Hi Chris, thanks a lot for your response. I will investigate and see what I can find about the various networks. If I find something interesting or of value to share I'll let you know.

Thanks for the tip Chuck, I will check that as well.

Have a great day gentlemen!

Dussin

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread