competitive keywords
    How long does it usually take to get on the first page on Google for competitive keywords? Thanks

It depends on how good your site is..

Your question can't really be answered by anyone.. page one can be achieved with a unique idea, good web design, authoritative reputation, timely publishing, mentions in the press, social buzz, etc etc.

Any or all of the above can get you to page one.

You have to ask yourself what sets your site apart from the rest? What does your site offer that makes it "better" than the competition.. then you will have your answer. Website owners need to spend more time on their site content & design first, and then worry about SEO. Without good content, good rankings aren't sustainable.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks for the quick response teezone. Do you mean content and design matters most than SEO? or apply both at same time?

As a publisher myself, I always put content & design first.. after I'm happy with what I see, then it time to take a look under the hood and make sure proper SEO has been implemented.

It's also not easy to wear all those hats yourself (publish, design & optimize), so you have to pick and choose which to focus on.

Building a site for search engines is short-sighted - what happens when the rules change? You won't be left with much..

I see...thank you soo much for the thoughts you have shared to me, as a newbie I'm sure it would greatly help me.

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by charles35 View Post
    How long does it usually take to get on the first page on Google for competitive keywords? Thanks
    Impossible to give a definitive answer but if you have set yourself a target don't give up if you fall short. This business is full of variables but if you put in the effort you will see progress on an upward curve. In my case I have experienced slow but consistent improvements so keep at it, learn from the knowledgeable people on this forum, and the results will come.

Best wishes.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

Thanks daiarian. I will keep that in mind. Your true patience is also a factor to consider.

Post Re:
    SEO is slow process and it's all about quality so make sure that you have proper designing and good website navigation. You can rank any keyword on search engine but following points play important role for it.

* Website Performance (Website Loading time,website design,navigation)
    * Relevancy(Web page & Contents should be relevant)
    * Quality Backlinks (SEO)

Affiliate Manager
    It depends on the time you spend on building backlink and content as well as your skill. If your site has high PR and many high quality backlinks, you can appear in the first page after 3 or 4 months. If you want to appear immediately, you can buy Google Adwords.

There are some black SEO techniques that can help you rank to the first page in 1 week but you will be banned soon.

There are some black SEO techniques that can help you rank to the first page in 1 week but you will be banned soon.
    And banned from here pretty quick... this is an ethical forum where no black hat is tolerated.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    And banned from here pretty quick... this is an ethical forum where no black hat is tolerated.
    Oh, I just want to mention to avoid. Never have plan to use them.

I just wanted to make it clear what type of forum this is...

You have less than 10 posts and mentioned black hat SEO, which raises a flag. No one discusses those options here - it will get you banned from google, sure, but more important, it's an unethical business practice.

15. Thanks From:

Build something that people find useful. One thing I've learned is that Google likes unique content. If you build up a solid base of unique and useful content then you have a good chance of moving up the Google search results.

Also, getting on the front page of Google also depends on how competitive a keyword you are optimizing for.

17. Thanks From:

Artist
    It depends on how competitive the keyword that you are targeting is. Many keywords may fall in the competitive category, but they are not all as competitive as each other. If the keyword that you are targeted is highly competitive, it may take you months or never to get on the first page. That's why it's always best to go after low competition keywords first, then when you have a much aggressive link building campaign you can start targeting competitive keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnalynpascual View Post
    I know that it depends on how you optimize your keywords and website. The greater the time you optimize your keyword the fastest it will rank. But in general I think it takes for 2-3 months.
    "In your dreams"
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

20. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    lol.

Daiarian,

Ever notice the "SEO Experts" seem to appear out of nowhere to answer posts like these - you know the type, the ones with less than a handful of posts...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Ya and were killing them off as quickly as possible. Guess we are getting organically ranked for SEO forum!

23. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Guess we are getting organically ranked for SEO forum!
    Is why I have always suggested to ONLY have forums directly related to affiliate marketing be indexed...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

We don't exclude forums other than private and closed. Haven't see that we now rank for SEO or related terms. Just a new wrinkle for spammers. I get 2-3 emails a week trying to sell me SEO for my site. I don't have a site.

If you have money you can usually get on the first page of Google in about 10 minutes. There's something called "PPC" that works almost like magic. If you know what you're doing and already have an account, then you might even be able to cut that time in half! Yes ... 5 MINUTES!!

good luck!

27. Thanks From:

superCool you should be ashamed of yourself calling out spammers like that! And they actually took the bait.

the keywords that Google recommend are simply just cool
    This thread is being closed after attracting too much seo spam.

30. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread