Thread: SellFire Now Removes Duplicate Products

SellFire.com
    SellFire Now Removes Duplicate Products
    Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that SellFire is now the first data feed aggregator to remove duplicate products from our product search results. This was a feature that has been requested by many of our users.

What is a duplicate product?
    Before this change, if you were searching for jeans, shoes, or many other types of items you might have seen the same product repeated many times in the search results. This was because the merchant selling the product included it in their data feed once for each of the different sizes and colors that are available.

How should this help?
    This is going to make it easier for you and your visitors to find the products you care about. Also, if you are using the AutoSearch feature, this will also make the search results from the auto populate much better.

How does this work?
    SellFire attempts to pick the color and size information out of a product's name. We will then removes products that have the exact same name and price as another product in the feed. It's not 100% perfect - products that have really exotic color names or a weird sizing convention might slip by. However, it's been pretty effective. About 20% of all products in the system were removed once the new cleanup started running.

What do you guys think? What's the next datafeed clean up task we should tackle?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Nice feature, Jason. You guys are rockin' n rollin' - Bravo.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Good to see the development keep going.

Question, what's the best way for a merchant to submit their feed to SellFire?

SellFire.com
    Thanks Chuck.

You can just email me at support@sellfire.com with the company/network you want listed.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Thumbs up
    Comin' along in leaps & bounds, mate! That is one handy little feature addition. Keep listening to customers, keep tweaking the code & GUI, & remember to step back occasionally to look at the forest, not just the trees, Jason.

Did the Sellfire.com FREE 30-day Trial last month. Now we've just started the Professional subscription yesterday, which is only US$9.99/month. And we seriously hope to reduce/ditch our Datafeedr Unlimited Site Plan ($97/month) soon because there's way too much "Please, Eric, what code do I type in here..." etc etc!

It's early days yet, but Sellfire.com is seriously starting to look like we (my Tracey & me) can quickly & easily deploy customer-centric, SEO-driven online stores full of lovely products, products, products to get gobloads of $$$ sales, sales, sales from willing Internet shoppers faster than ever.

Okay, get back to it, folks!

6. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I have to agree, it's pretty easy to come up with some really solid storefronts with minimal or no tweaking of code required. Datafeedr is powerful, but it's not for beginners. I think someone with minimal web skills can watch the tutorials in SellFire and put something together that's effective very easily. I also love the ease of integration into WordPress posts and pages. The ability to replace expired products is a biggie as well that helps it stand out.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

8. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Excellent feature, Jason! Way to keep innovating!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup