Popshops VS SellFire - raw comparison
    Hi all,

I would like ot know if anyone tested both API plans of POPshops and Sellfire and could compare them both.

In order of importance :

1.size -
    Assuming I am a member of PJ , CJ , GAN , SAS and LS,
    Which one has more shops (Sellfire VS Popshops)?

2.API abilities -
    Which gives a wider API for the needs of building a shopping comparison mechanism ?

3.Support -
    How fast their support responds.

4.Speed -
    How fast is the API in product Search and product price comparison

If any other points come in mind - please list them.

Thanks

Dan

A short update
    I asked popshops to name their advantages.
    They claimed they are not familiar enough with Sellfire.

One thing I noticed is that Sellfire has UPC codes while popshops do not.
    That will allow me to search the products on google search API which works on GTIN (quite easily translated to UPC).

Still awaiting to hear if anyone hear has better insight.
    As much as I have seen regarding the amount of posts and links here in the forums and beyond , popshops have the upper hand.

Thanks

Dan

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Popshops has been around for years - so they will have a ton more merchants. The guys at SellFire are coming on strong though. They are less than a year old and I think tools wise are really solid.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Those PopShops posts are quite old. They abandoned their support forum here a good while back and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. SellFIRE has a support forum.

PopShops' answer to you should be an indicator. If you were in their place wouldn't you know what your competition was doing?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

5. Thanks From:

Bill , AffiliateWarrior
    I totally agree with you.
    Service and support are EXTREMELY important.

I can say I sent a question to Sellfire and have not gotten an answer yet (directly to their site).

All my questions to Popshops have been answered.

Regarding UPC identification

From Popshops I got the following response :
    "Yes, UPC search is available in PopShops with upgraded datapack and corporate accounts only. I'd be happy to request our biz dev team to contact you to discuss further, please share the following information - Your company name, where is the company registered, current monthly user base and/or total installed user base, and number of employees."

From Sellfire I get it on their datapack, without proving Bill Gates is my uncle.

Regarding not knowing the competition is doing.....
    hmmmm well , when I was a salesperson/Marketing guy ... you could wake me each and every second of the day and I would know where my competition is and what he's and and with whom...

On the other hand , maybe Popshops support is just support and somebody from the marketing should have answered that....

Still if anyone has done concrete testing and comparison (response time) , API diff , SLA , other parameters ...

I would be happy if he/she could share.

Hmmm...surprised to hear about no response. I haven't used email but have had responses at their ABW forum and on Chat while on the SellFIRE site.

It is likely, because of the relative young age of SellFIRE, that many folks (if any) have implemented both systems to the point of having meaningful A-B comparison tests. At least to the extent of your level of question, that is. We are just getting to the point of implementing some SF "store pages" into some established sites - to swap out pages for our own AB testing.

We do not do price comparison or couponing so we do have access to every merchant in which we have an interest. In fact there is one in SF that is not in PS. On the other side of the coin, we are working on a large data feed for a small program we have at SAS. When it is ready it will be in SellFIRE and possibly GoldenCAN - but not in PopShops.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

9. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Jason from Sellfire has always responded to me pretty quickly when I had questions. I'm surprised to hear that.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Still if anyone has done concrete testing and comparison (response time) , API diff , SLA, other parameters ..
    Why not do some testing yourself? Marketing material is great, but I prefer hands-on testing myself.. ease of use & that all-important "gut feeling"...

Also keep in mind successful affiliates don't always share the results of their own analysis..

SellFire.com
    Hi Dan,

I just responded to the question you posted on the SellFire forum. Sorry for the delay in response - it was a unique question so it took a bit more time to respond.

Regarding UPC search - if Popshops supports it it is an undocumented feature. It is not listed on their API documentation page.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

13. Thanks From:

Thanks a lot!

Dan

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread