Thread: I asked but probably in the wrong Forum

I asked but probably in the wrong Forum
    Hi,

Excuse my English , I am not a native English speaker.

I am now considering both PopShops and SellFire.
    I would very much like to know if you have a comparison table for the data pack between both.

Points of interest to me :
    Number of shops,
    Number of products,
    Response time (on extremely large Datafeeds for product search),
    API diff ,
    Service.

My application is a product comparison Engine which involves ALL products from as many vendors as possible.

I would appreciate if you would focus ONLY the different points between the two , as I am quite familiar with both the advertised features.

Thanks

Dan

SellFire.com
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for your question. Here are the main points of difference between SellFire and PopShops API.

1. Search Filters
    SellFire edges Popshops on search filters and flexibility. While we both can search on price, keyword, brand, and category, SellFire gives you additional flexibility by being able to search on...

• UPC
    • Manufacturer SKU
    • Description Text
    • Category Text
    • Name Text

In addition, on each of those fields you can specify negative keywords (field cannot contain terms), positive keywords (field must contain terms), and exact match.

2. Available Merchants / Products
    Popshops edges me out here. As the new guy on the block, I am still working on acquiring approvals from some merchants. I'm always willing to work with a customer on getting a new merchant enrolled in SellFire and the integration process can be done very quickly. That being said, I already have 2000 merchants and 40 million products.

3. Speed
    The average response time for our product searches is about 900 milliseconds. I don't know what PopShops average response time is but their own demo site is no speed demon.

4. Support
    I strive to give customers a response within one business day. I've never personally used Popshops' support, but there are other threads on ABestWeb that talk about Popshops support that you should read as part of your purchasing decision.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jmacinnes; August 9th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Thanks, Jason
    As a small Start Up company , our resources for comparative testing are extremely limited, hence shedding light on the differences is very beneficial.

I seem to have missed it on the API documentation -
    Do you have similar abilities in the API for catalog building ?

As our application is price comparison and our affiliates might change frequently , we would like to have the ability to build a catalog through an API.

Another important issue is the commission per product per shop matrix.
    Do you have an ability to retrieve the commission and return it in the response object ?
    SellFire | StoreResponse Object

Again , Thanks a lot for your efforts.

I highly appreciate it.

Dan

Commission per product per shop? Wouldn't that be a moving taget type of variable because the commission (structure) as published at the network level is not necessarily a constant. There are many private commission deals for individual merchant/affiliate combinations.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

5. Thanks From:

That being said, I already have 2000 merchants and 40 million products.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Ooops. Wrong person. LOL...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Bill , Yes...
    It would be a moving target , but one we might all be hard pressed to in the coming era, due to G changes.

Thanks

Dan

SellFire.com
    Hi Dan,

Can you clarify what you mean by "build a catalog"? I believe that Popshops uses that term to indicate searching only a specific set of merchants. If that's what you mean, then yes - you can do that via the SellFire API.

You have two options to accomplish this:

1. Create a Merchant Group via the My Account Section. You can then use the identifier of the merchant group to limit your searches to specific merchants.

2. Send an array of merchant IDs for each merchant you want to query. See the MerchantIds field in the Search Request object:

SellFire | SearchRequest Object

Also, unfortunately I do not provide commission information. None of the networks I am currently integrated with provide product level commission information via their own APIs, so I can't say I see it as something I will be adding in the future either.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

10. Thanks From:

Thanks,

Dan

Tax Paying Member
    Does SellFire pick up all merchants that have datafeeds from a specific network or does the merchant need to grant permission to SellFire to use their datafeed.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

SellFire.com
    Hi Witzer,

Merchants must approve SellFire in order for us to gain access to their data feed. We apply just like a regular publisher.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes

Wanted to update with a few good words for Jason:

His continuous support has been instrumental in the development of the engine we are building for Deopla.

I could not have imagined better support - and that is all even before I am an active paying customer.

In addition to the benefits already mentioned here , I would like to add the below in the comparison with Popshops:

1.Superb support.

2.30K API calls per Month (Popshops only gives 5000 per month).

3.Unique development per customer request - I had a few issues which I needed to be implemented and Jason prioritized them to be ready as soon as a week later.

Thanks

Dan

15. Thanks From:

16. Newsletter Signup