SEO tactics for my small business?
    How to choose the right SEO tactics for my small business?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This not an SEO forum although we have an SEO sub forum and articles for advice.

thanks
    I'm sorry about my question and thanks for the consideration.

Check the SEO articles forum as there are several articles there that can help you.

Thanks
    Thanks alot Mr. Chuck, now I'm looking at the articles you have given to me.

Hello Chuck i red some of the SEO articles forums, it helped me and my business. I learnt new aspects from it

The first step is to figure out what keywords you want to target. Figure out what people would type in Google to find your site. Once you have your keywords figured out you can start optimizing your site for them through various methods.

OK Mark, what tools should they use to find those keywords. Just searching Google will not give them clear direction.

use Google Keyword Research Tool. You can look up keywords you might want to optimize for and it will give you the monthly searches for that word and their competition factor along with variations of your keyword. Low competition factor will be easier to rank for but may not have as many searches. I chose a range of keywords from low competition to high competition.

10. Thanks From:

Google research tools is good. Also, install Google Analytics and make sure to get your business listed on Google Places for Business. This will give you some visibility, because Google is starting to show local businesses for searches that contain a location in them.

To form you keyword list I would do a quick internet search for "what keywords should I optimise for". Then pick one or two keywords or keyword phrases to optimize for.

I agree with Chuck, when you target keywords or phrases with Low Competition, then the amount of monthly searches will be too low. If you select the ones with high levels of competition it will be very difficult to for a beginner to rank for those highly searched, highly competitive keywords or phrases as these waters are shark infested by experienced internet marketers. You must find that moderate sweet spot with medium competition and an acceptable number of monthly searches in order to better your chances of ranking well in the search engines.

Another very important factor to keep in mind when searching for keywords or phrases to optimize your site for, as well as keyword research in general. You must know the Commercial Value of a keyword or keyword phrase, before selecting it.

The Commercial Value of a keyword or keyword phrase is vital to success and difficult to predict. This is where many miss the mark in keyword research.

I'm sure we all agree that it's better to know just how profitable a keyword or keyword phrase is or if it will generate any revenue at all, before we select it and optimize our websites for a keyword that has a Low or Medium Competition, An adequate number of Monthly Searches, Yet doesn't have the potential to make money from the start.

I won' get into how the Commercial Value of a key word is calculated here, but I will say that if the Commercial Value of a Keyword or phrase isn't included in your keyword research, in my opinion you're reducing your chances at keyword research success.

Search Google for the phrase "Market Samurai" This is an awesome keyword research tool/traffic generator that includes the Commercial Value with video lessons that explain it all better than I can.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by Nylus Stanton; September 1st, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Closed - Spam Magnet.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

14. Thanks From:

15. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread