Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Giving AM Another Try - Maybe!
    I recently purchased a product that I really like and believe in. I think it's a great product and might be interested in creating a website to promote this product.

You can buy this item at Amazon but since I live in NC that won't work for me. It's also available at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Sears, Bed Bath Beyond, and probably a few other online retailers.

I haven't done AM for a while so I am a little gun shy about jumping into anything new without doing my research and asking questions. I belonged to CJ, GAN, LS, SAS, and PJ networks as a coupon affiliate who was joined to hundreds of merchants. I haven't logged into those in probably 12 months or more.

Questions thus far:

When it comes to registering a domain name, how much or how little can I include the product name in it without getting into trouble?

Should I try and get back into my old affiliate network accounts or should I start fresh with a new account with just a small handful of merchants?

Thanks, in advance, for your comments and wisdom.

VP of Business Development
    The late business management guru Oren Harari once wrote "Innovate or Die, Dominate or Leave".

In context, you don't need to join multiple networks or promote dozens of companies. Pick one network and several merchants within the same genre. Be creative in how and when you present your offers (innovate) and grow your merchant revenues until you reach their top 10 list (dominate).

You'll make more money, minimize the amount of work required, lower your stress level and keep more of your hair. :-)

That was one of my questions about networks. I had joined well over 1000 merchants on those 5 different networks. It was an utter mess and the amount of email activity was crazy.

Assuming I was able to log back into these networks, I would have to spend a lot of time removing hundreds of merchant relationships that I am no longer interested in.

VP of Business Development
    Start new. You'll only get distracted if you jump into your affiliate past and try to clean things up.

A lot has changed within the industry and with network providers. Take the passion and experience you've collected throughout your lifetime and invest it into a new venture. This will leapfrog you over the (affiliate) competition who get stuck in maintenance mode trying to patch up past, failed efforts.

Getting a bit philosophical - it must be Friday.

I was able to log back into GAN and CJ.

I reactivated my CJ account and all merchants I belonged to are gone.

I logged back into GAN and I still have 135 merchants in my list of approved.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread