15 years and counting
    Publisher Code of Conduct. Do you remember?
    quote:
    Accordingly, enforcement of the Code will begin immediately, however, companies that are found to be non-compliant may be given up to sixty (60) days to bring their activities into compliance. December 10, 2002 Commission Junction, Inc. Jeffrey A. Pullen, President & CEO

How many companies have been found to be non-compliant?
    Who can tell us, where we stand?

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Inquiring minds do want to hear from CJ and the other CoC networks.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

...Still waiting...

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't hold your breathe. I would be very surprised if they found any out of compliance affiliates and took any action.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Since the "unoffical" word seems to be that WhenU has been deemed noncompliant by both LS and BF (see here), I'm anxious to hear how CJ has assessed the WhenU program.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

15 years and counting
    To be fair with CJ, I've been also using their "Ask a Question"
    They have 72 normal business hours to give us an answer.
    Anyway, the COC was signed by 3 networks:
    Be Free, Inc., a ValueClick Company
    W. Blair Heavey, Executive Vice President & General Manager
    Commission Junction, Inc.
    Jeffrey A. Pullen, President & CEO
    Performics Inc.
    James Crouthamel, President & CEO
    We have the answer from BeFree and I want to congratulate them for posting an update.
    At that time, CJ is still promoting one of the worst offender on their Front Page and it makes me mad. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

You'd think CJ would step up to the plate early and play ball. After all, it is in their best interest to announce what they have done to avoid all the bad publicity here, on other websites and in the newspapers.

I mean, it was all these voices a few months ago that prompted them to agree to the COC. They knew then that they would be accountable in 60 days. They've had plenty of time to prepare a statement of some kind.

Unless, of course, their not announcing it is because nothing has been done and they know reporting that would be worse publicity than saying nothing.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

quote:
    Unless, of course, their not announcing it is because nothing has been done and they know reporting that would be worse publicity than saying nothing.

CJ is going to ignore the whole issue and hope it goes away. I think that has been clear for some time. It does not fit their business model to enforce compliance.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

15 years and counting
    I have an official answer from CJ.
    1-"Non compliant publishers were given the chance to bring their practices in line with the Code..."
    2-"We know of no Commission Junction publishers who utilized technology that overwrites..."
    3- "Companies that are found to be non-compliant may be given up to sixty (60) days to bring their activities into compliance..."

So according to CJ, Ebates and others are not overwriting links anymore...
    Who can confirm this statement?

Perhaps CJ has realized that people now know whatever they say on this subject is meaningless.

They will probably just call everyone compliant and refuse to coment on it any further.

After all, if someone "becomes compliant" for just one day, that gives them another 60 days of parole from CJ. Then they could just repeat the compliant/non-compliant cycle endlessly.

In the end, what they SAY does not matter.

It is what they DO that matters!

[This message was edited by Just a guy on February 12, 2003 at 10:49 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe it was 60 business days.

IamJaloppy

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread