ABW Ambassador
    How to Get a Simple Product Link Code?
    Is it possible to just get a basic link with no fancy javascript or dynamic html etc?

I was looking for a few products to add to a website in a certain niche, I found all the great tools offered and some new ones which I'm going to try but I had trouble to just be able to do something as simple as search for products by keyword and then have those products produce simple html links that I can put in my website manually!

Is this possible at all?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Several step process.

• Go to: https://www.avantlink.com/affiliate/custom_link.php
    • Fill in the fields

When you get to the "Merchant Landing Page URL" field, simply put the URL for the product you found on the merchant's site - use the merchant's search to find the products you want from that merchant...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

4. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Several step process.

When you get to the "Merchant Landing Page URL" field, simply put the URL for the product you found on the merchant's site - use the merchant's search to find the products you want from that merchant...
    Thanks for that info and I'm currently trying it now....

I would like to suggest that Avantlink offer this all to be done within the Avantlink site that would pull links direct from the merchant datafeed as other Networks have this feature.

I love the link shortening service feature!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

6. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    good feature request
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

8. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    good feature request
    Agreed! Funny you should suggest this feature as today we've finally launched a feedback post that's been in the works for a while: AvantLink Asks You: What Should We Develop?

Glittered- We've gone ahead and added your request to the feedback widget on that post. Feel free to vote it up and add any additional suggestions

10. Thanks From:

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Good timing on this thread and feature request. Although you can get simple link code for banners or text ads, you cannot currently get product links as you describe. The reason I say good timing is b/c just this morning we rolled out an initiative to solicit feedback on what folks would like to see us develop.

Take a look: AvantLink Asks You: What Should We Develop?

glittered I took the initiative of posting your feature request there to get the ball rolling. Hope you don't mind!

----------

In the meantime here is great info on alternative options via our API:

Due to the nature of constantly changing datafeeds we recommend using the ProductSearch API module to get back a single URL/link for a given store/product. If you're logged in, you can click here to access the API request builder via the AvantLink API page.

I asked David Clark, our CTO, if he had any additional thoughts or recommendations and he responded with the following...
    While it is possible to use the ProductSearch API to get back a single URL/link for a given merchant + search term...

http://www.avantlink.com/api.php?aff...esults_count=1
    (Note: the user would have to replace the affiliate_id, website_id, search_term, and merchant_ids parameter with the values for their own account and/or desired search term respectively.)

...it seems preferable to allow the use of JavaScript to dynamically fetch up-to-date information, e.g. as with:

<script
    type="text/javascript"
    src="http://www.avantlink.com/api.php?affiliate_id=XXX&module=ProductSearch&output=js&website_id=XXX&search_term=north+face+denali+jacket&merchant_ids=XXX&search_results_fields=%3Ca+href%3D%22[Buy+URL]%22%3EBuy+now+from+[Merchant+Name]%3C%2Fa%3E&search_results_count=1">
    </script>

...or even better - removing the merchant restriction to show information for multiple merchants:

<script
    type="text/javascript"
    src="http://www.avantlink.com/api.php?affiliate_id=XXX&module=ProductSearch&output=js&website_id=XXX&search_term=north+face+denali+jacket&search_results_fields=%3Ca+href%3D%22[Buy+URL]%22%3EBuy+now+from+[Merchant+Name]%3C%2Fa%3E&search_results_count=10&search_results_options=interleave">
    </script>

The Additional Product Content Widget is another good tool to suggest, since in it's "search" mode it basically serves as a wrapper around the ProductSearch API - making it easy to format results from multiple merchants in a nice listing.
    AvantLink API: Documentation

Hope this helps, GM

12. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    OK that all sounds positive thanks. I probably prefer just to use the manual method for now of copying and pasting the desired url but I'm glad to have got my request into the new request feature.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Be sure to go and vote, if you have not already. GM

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Be sure to go and vote, if you have not already. GM
    done!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread