How to dig up better contact info?
    Hello, My name is Jenny.

While I am not new to affiliate marketing, I am trying a new (to me) method of approach for a certain company, a partnership.

The only problem is, I am unable to ascertain exactly Who to contact, and I really don't want to waste time / chances of rejection on gatekeepers if possible.

Now, the site administrators / list owners I want to contact are via a certain website, with a blog, forum, etc- and it is to be the customer engagement and retention site / effort of a large company.

As far as I can determine site A must be run out of the offices of Company Z, the WHOIS address and other physical writing addresses are the central office for Company Z.

Company Z's professional website (not the customer aimed one but the one for hiring new employees) has several potential contacts listed - but none of their job titles (or job position / company love videos) indicate definitively which one would be the one to contact with my proposal.

My question is - if they have 2 marketing reps, One is Brand Awareness and one is over marketing and development, which would be more likely to be over the newsletter / list from Site A? Company Z has a separate list but that is Not the one I am concerned with at the moment.

Any words of advice on how to clarify would be greatly appreciated. Oh also I tried looking the company and these particular people up on Linkedin but have not sent connection requests just yet- i do not want to step on toes.

Thank you kindly,

Jenny

EDIT - Since Convergence mentioned this lemme paste the reply because YES it would be a no brainer LOL -

"Yes I forgot to mention that at the moment I am unable to get international calling on my cell, and I would like to send an email before business start tomorrow (so before I am able to do anything about a new phone.)

Thanks though, yes, I agree normally I would have done that already "
    Last edited by Laughing Bear Inc; August 12th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Pick up the phone, call, and ask...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Yes I forgot to mention that at the moment I am unable to get international calling on my cell, and I would like to send an email before business start tomorrow (so before I am able to do anything about a new phone.)

Thanks though, yes, I agree normally I would have done that already

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    You can also check LinkedIn if it's a big enough company... might be able to find the right person there. Convergence has a pretty good idea as well. Get some Skype Out credit, and dial em up and ask who you'd talk to about online marketing partnerships. You should be able to find someone pretty quickly.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Thanks Wade

I did go ahead and upgrade my Linkedin to premium which basically took all the walls out of my way. Overdue anyway

I am going to both get skype credit and a new cell provider ASAP. I've never run into having to actually break out of email before (most biz has been done via free skype calls when not in email) but it's probably way past time anyway.

Thanks a bunch!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread