The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Thumbs down GAP new T & C
    I received this email and my email reply. Do you guys agree with me (I expect to get the same email about banana republic and old navy)?

Thank you for being a valuable partner in the Gap Inc. affiliate program! We wanted to inform you that we have updated our Terms and Conditions (Ts & Cs) for all Gap Inc. programs. The main update to the Ts & Cs involves offers. Moving forward, all affiliate Gap Inc. offers must include all relevant restrictions and affiliates may not modify any links, content, etc. If restrictions are not included with your offers, you may be removed from the Gap Inc. program. These updates are effective immediately and are designed to further clarify our relationship with you:

a. No affiliate can alter or modify any links, materials, content, etc. provided by Gap Inc as part of the affiliate program. Links, materials, content, etc. provided by us must be posted in their entirety (including posting all relevant terms and conditions and/or restrictions).

b. An affiliate must take corrective action as instructed by us if the affiliate impermissibly alters or modifies our links, materials, content, etc.

c. An affiliate may be terminated from the affiliate program by us for failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions.

Please note that you will have to manually accept your new offer by September 15. The terms will not automatically rollover. If you do not accept the new Ts & Cs by that date, the CJ system will automatically expire you from the program and you will not be able to get credit for your sales.
    this was my reply
    If you send me an email, I will include the offers in the HTML code that it includes. If the restrictions are important include it in the official html code and I'll include them (if I post it.) But if not then I won't include them I will simply expect that the link is sent to the the appropriate page that includes the restrictions. This is the way it has always been done and I see no reason to change going forward.

To reiterate, I'll post the restrictions as long as they are part of the official html link included in the email, but I am not going to include a whole paragraph of restrictions because you are too lazy to do it right by listing the restrictions on the landing page of an offer.

I am sure, the vast majority of affiliates will agree with me, especially those who automate inclusion of offers.
    Mike
    This is what the usual restrictions that comes with an one sentence offer so you see the type of space they want from my site extra for a little one sentence offer seen below.
    Restrictions: Offer valid online on August 13, 2012 between 12:00 AM ET and 11:59 PM ET in the US (including Puerto Rico) only. Not valid on aden + anais®, Junk Food™, Star Wars™, Olympic Vintage T's, Threadless®, NuBra®, Medela® and Bravado®. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not value of gift cards purchased, packaging, applicable taxes or shipping & handling charges. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, including Gap Inc. employee discount. Offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. Offer subject to change without notice.
    HTML CODE:
    -a href="http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-foo-11125046" target="_top"- 8/13 Only - Family and Friends extended at Gap.com! Shop and save 30% off your purchase. Use code GAPFRIENDS at checkout. Hurry, ends 8/13!-/a-
    Last edited by oranges; August 15th, 2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: replacing <> with - so it isn't clickable
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Oranges, I agree with you that if the restrictions are that involved they need to be included with the HTML sent through the program. That said the bigger the brand, the bigger the ego. With CJ they can send something like that as a Content Link which allows them to create a full page as HTML. It does take extra work, go figure.

Sorry I missed you at summit, saw you at the SAS party and planned to say hello. Next I knew you had walked off.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I didn't go to the summit just two parties Greg's pizza party and the shareasale party. I was thinking of going to the ABW one, but you said it was filled up ;-)

I don't get it, if the restrictions can't fit into the html then I have a problem with the sale anyway. What probably will happen with me and them if they insist on not including the restrictions as part of the html they provide. I'll simply not include any sale they have. I have a big problem with having all sorts of restrictions and not simply including them on the landing page.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Quote Originally Posted by oranges View Post
    I received this email and my email reply. Do you guys agree with me (I expect to get the same email about banana republic and old navy)?

this was my reply

This is what the usual restrictions that comes with an one sentence offer so you see the type of space they want from my site extra for a little one sentence offer seen below.
    If you have to include all that for just a one sentence offer, I not only see a waste of space on your page, but also many keywords that may bring untargeted traffic to that page.

Restrictions: Offer valid online on August 13, 2012 between 12:00 AM ET and 11:59 PM ET in the US (including Puerto Rico) only. Not valid on aden + anais®, Junk Food™, Star Wars™, Olympic Vintage T's, Threadless®, NuBra®, Medela® and Bravado®. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not value of gift cards purchased, packaging, applicable taxes or shipping & handling charges. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, including Gap Inc. employee discount. Offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. Offer subject to change without notice.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    1 Day cookie is enough of a reason to step away...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I didn't go to the summit just two parties Greg's pizza party and the shareasale party. I was thinking of going to the ABW one, but you said it was filled up ;-)
    Reach out if you are interested next time as there is always room for a member of ABW.

I'm totally with you on this. I post what comes through the feed. I don't have the time or the inclination to have to go back through all of the newsletters and add additional information. At this point, I don't think that I will post the coupons or deals anymore because I just don't have the resources to do the extra work.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread