eBay Reporting (sucks)
    Man, twice this month eBay has been two days late in reporting. This time around, they can't even get clicks to post on time. Earnings haven't been posted since the 12th, clicks haven't posted since 4AM.

So my message to EPN.... If you want to compete with Amazon, you have to do things better than Amazon. I have NEVER seen Amazon have reporting problems this severe!
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

If you want to compete with Amazon, you have to do things better than Amazon.
    For the difference in what they pay, eBay can post reporting every 2 weeks for all I care.

Very strange, it's august 16 today, but in my Outstanding Balance only 0.00. In payment history section.

My outstanding balance is 0 too. I don't pay close attention to this section, so I don't know when it changes. EPN reporting is still lagging by 24-48 hours. Even in the best of times, they wouldn't report the previous day's earnings until 6pm the following day. Now we are lagging by more than two days.

I CAN NOT MAKE ADJUSTMENTS WITH STALE STATS!
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I would never make any adjustments on events of a 48 hour window unless there is something flat out broken. Minimum trending adjustment window for me would be 2-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313 View Post
    I would never make any adjustments on events of a 48 hour window unless there is something flat out broken. Minimum trending adjustment window for me would be 2-4 weeks.
    In general, I agree. I've been mulling over a particular change for about 2 weeks but am waiting to pull the trigger until I see this weeks numbers and compare them to YOY performance.

All I'm considering is filtering out certain eBay sellers who *may be* killing my conversion rate. Do you ever do that on your forums? I'm a stamp collector and I know how dodgy some sellers can be.

So, for instance, you might filter out stamp results that contain "re-gum" of "facsimile" or...

On the coin side I absolutely do that. On my sitewide search pages I filter out copies and replicas for example, most of my members would never buy them. I also set an application variable weed out known bad sellers that is used sitewide.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread