The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo

In my cj mail I got the following message
    We wanted to let you know about some changes to our program for 2003. For our site, we will be changing the commission structure from 15% to 10%. Plus, we have two exciting new additions to our program, so you’ll be able to earn even more!

I have a problem with this, firth they r decreasing the my commission my 33 per cent, and then continue by telling me how I can make more money on their site. Like it was an increase. If you want to lower, then lower. But come on start a new paragraph with 'to make up this money we will be starting something new.' Don't make it sound like I'm going to make more money b/c you have lowered my commissions and we are also starting something new so you can make more.

Bovine Bazaar
    Cow and horse themed gifts and collectibles

This reminds me of an affiliate mail I got once from a search engine aff prog. It went something like this:

"In order to make our program more effective for you, we have decided to reduce your commissions"

Well, they must be getting coached differently these days. Two merchants I use who lowered their comissions in the last couple of months had some lame line like "we have researched the other offerings in our category and decided that our terms remain one of the best and that you will continue to earn plenty of money with our program."

Personally I felt it should read (and told one of them so) more along the lines of "you can now do the same work and earn less money for it with our new commission structure".

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread