ABW Ambassador
    Coull Video Performance Network
    Once in a while, I received emails from merchants regarding utilizing Coull Video to promote their products. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of videos and have not paid much attention to those emails.

Today there is another merchant mentioned Coull, so I decided to take a look at their site. All seem straight forward other than the vague commission payment term:

"You get paid when one of your viewers interacts with the affiliate link integrated with the video you publish. We track this process and pay you the appropriate commission.

Depending on the affiliate link integrated with the video you publish, we pay you on a Cost-Per-Click (CPC), Cost-Per-Action (CPA) or Hybrid basis. Our Hybrid model pays you on a Cost-Per-Action and Cost-Per-View (CPV) basis"

Generally, I like to know my commission rate before I start to promote a merchant. This "we pay you appropriate commission" term worries me a little.

Anybody heard about Coull or are you in the network? Please share your experience.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Got an email today as well - can't say I fully understand it and have never heard of Coull. Am an old fashioned marketer, I guess - click, buy, pay me...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Shoot me the email and I will invite them to post here to explain how it works.

ABW Ambassador
    I pretty much know how it works. It explains on coull's website. The unclear part is the commission rate.

The reason I posted here is to see if any other affiliates have tried it and how do they feel about it.

6. Thanks From:

Senior Marketing Manager
    Hi mayfly and everyone else,

I came across this thread and thought I should introduce myself and see if I can answer your question. I'm Marketing Manager at Coull and in that role I'm responsible for our messaging on the Coull website, so it's great to get some feedback on any ambiguities there might be.

"You get paid when one of your viewers interacts with the affiliate link integrated with the video you publish. We track this process and pay you the appropriate commission."

mayfly -
    Generally, I like to know my commission rate before I start to promote a merchant. This "we pay you appropriate commission" term worries me a little.
    The reason we've used the term 'appropriate commission' is that as a performance network we work with a range of advertisers and partners, all of whom set their own commission rates for publishers. As the commission rate varies from affiliate link to affiliate link, there isn't a specific rate we can reference.

However, once a publisher signs up to our network they have access to the full list of affiliate links that can be added to their video content, and alongside each the commission rate for that link is displayed. Publishers therefore know the earning potential of each link before they use it.

Please let me know if this answers your question. If so, I will happily expand on this point on our website to make sure it is as clear as possible.

If anyone has any other questions regarding Coull feel free to get in touch with me or start a thread.

Dan Madden
    Senior Marketing Manager
    dan.madden@coull.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Coull - Dan Madden View Post
    However, once a publisher signs up to our network they have access to the full list of affiliate links that can be added to their video content, and alongside each the commission rate for that link is displayed. Publishers therefore know the earning potential of each link before they use it.
    Thanks for your explanation, Dan. That makes sense.

I also read somewhere on your website saying that for every affiliate's sale/lead, Coull get a small percentage of it. What will be the percentage? Shouldn't merchants pay for their fee to use your network already? I've never heard of networks take percentage from affiliate sales. Could you please clarify it?

Senior Marketing Manager
    No problem.

As a performance network we work on a 'revenue-share' model, by which we take a percentage of the commission earned by the publisher, typically this is a split of 75% for the publisher, 25% for Coull.

This is generally the case with most affiliate networks, who charge merchants an 'override' on top of the commission rate for publishers. Our model works in the same way, we use our relationship with advertisers and ability to provide targeted video placements to get a better rate of commission and then receive a share of it.

It's a common model used by many similar affiliate programmes, like Skimlinks:

Skimlinks works on a revenue share model. You don't pay anything to join or use the service; we just take a small cut from the commissions you earn. For SkimLinks and the tools, the split is 25/75 - we keep 25% and pay you the 75%.
    Our platform is free for publishers to use and the rates of commission are generally very high.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread