Please help: Commission Junction vs. PepperJam as an advertiser
    Hello-
    I work for a large well-known clothing brand as the ecomm marketing manager. I'm an SEM/SEO, Email, display pro but not so much in affiliate marketing. I'm doing a network evaluation and after ruling out Linkshare and GAN I've narrowed it down to Commission Junction and PepperJam as our network provider.

Any feedback, preferences, things to keep in mind from a publisher and/or advertiser prospective as we decide on a network for our program? Meaningful feedback only please.

Thanks

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello nino,

Welcome to ABW.

I would 'highly' recommend Commission Junction for your clothing category. I know merchants that have been on cj.com since 98' and I personally first saw the inside on CJ in 99' so all I can say is they are still a great network to work with and have lots of top affiliates and all the tools to help merchants.

Send me your store url and I will give you a few quick suggestion/tips on how to get started with cj.com jorge @shopimar.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have worked with CJ since 2001 and manage several programs there. I have never launched nor managed a Pepperjam program. There was a lot of bad blood between ABW and Pepperjam years ago but it has since been sold. That said I home programs where the competition is as that is where the affiliates are. Also consider the responsiveness of the account team you will work with, ask a lot of questions.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    All of this begs the question as to why you have not considered Shareasale or Affiliate Window? SAS has been the preferred network for a large percentage of affiliates for years (just check the top network polls here for past years) and the new kid on the block, AW (successor to Buy.at) has a great interface, great tools, and is is operated by a fabulous crew who go out of their way to assist affiliates, and I am sure they do the same on the merchant side.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    For clothing brands, CJ -

However, as AH mentioned, don't discount others. AvantLink has great niches and doing a good job...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I agree all of those are excellent networks. Working on an AvantLink and Affiliate Window launch myself.

Thanks guys. Here's what I'm hearing from other affiliate managers that I've reached out to. Any validity?

1. In CJ you can sort and recruit affiliates by category. The PJ interface doesn't allow that and you also can't communicate directly with affiliates who are not in our network in PJ. Thus it is easier to recruit small-medium affiliates in CJ. True?

2. The super affiliates (upromise, ebates, coupon cabin, etc) are in all the networks but that doesn't mean they are as active in all the networks as they probably are one preferred network and often times CJ acts as an affiliate’s primary network which they are logging into more often than the others. True?

3. If you want to build a broad program that focuses on more than just the loyalty and coupon partners CJ is going to your better bet b/c they simply have a bigger pool of niche bloggers and publishers. True?

4. PJ will give you more “boutique style” attention. Can pick up the phone and call anytime rather than logging tickets and waiting to hear back from someone. True?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    For what it's worth regarding "loyalty" sites and PJN - per the publisher TOS:

e. Personally Identifiable Information of Visitors. Publisher represents
    and warrants that Publisher will not enable the Tracking Code to collect
    personally identifiable information of Visitors that would allow You to
    personally identify Visitors.
    Basically says loyalty sites can't use PJN in the fashion that loyalty sites operate.

https://www.pepperjamnetwork.com/aff...gistration.php
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread