ABW Ambassador
    So I have to Create a New Google Affiliate Network Account for Each Website?
    Awhile ago I applied to a merchants program as I wanted to add their products as text links in content to one of my niche websites. I was declined so I wrote to GAN and I was told that I would have been declined as my main account website is not suited to that program.

I asked what I can do about it and they said "Would you be able to create a separate GAN publisher account for (mywebsite)? This would make it easier to get your site approved.

I said I would work on making the site better as I was worried that I might be declined again. So a bit further on I have been working on another website now and will get back to that site soon. But now I want to add product links to this new website for merchants that I'm already joined with but I want to know if these links will be tracked if they are not on the website as listed on my account? I do see there is a space to add additional websites in my main account but all this is very confusing.

Why can't we just have one account and list other websites within that account and when we apply for a program we can mention the websites we plan to use the links on?

I'm just going to list my other website in the box in my account for now but I think they have a few issues here!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Sorry for the rough times Glittered. I know when I am approving publishers for the merchant program I am managing the first thing I look at is that flagship site. I always assume that website is the publisher's "best foot forward". I have seen plenty of Google publishers with multiple sites, I even contacted one about some traffic referred from an unlisted site!

Hopefully you can reach the merchant's manager and hash it out. Talking usually helps solve the problem, especially if your site really has something to offer the merchant's clients! After all, we are all here because we like money.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bblythe View Post
    Sorry for the rough times Glittered. I know when I am approving publishers for the merchant program I am managing the first thing I look at is that flagship site.
    That is a very bad assumption to make.

I have no idea how GAN sorts affiliate sites, but I do know that the site I put in "first" several years ago when I joined the predecessor to GAN, is my oldest and most out-of-date site aesthetically, and for that reason alone could be a turn-off to merchants (though it does still get the most traffic of any of my sites). That site covers a specific niche, totally unrelated to any (with one exception) of the many sites I have built since and which are much more "up-to-date" design-wise.

I don't know you, but I think it is a cop out and a very lazy way to go about your business to base decisions that could be very important to the affiliate, on a look at what you assume to be a "flagship" site.

This is yet another area where GAN falls flat on its face. Shareasale and Affiliate Window give applying affiliates the ability to direct the merchant, am, opm, to a specific site, with a discussion as to why they should be approved for THAT site, and avoid being rejected based on other, irrelevent, sites.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I thought your could have a main site and then
    list the others as well?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

You can list a bunch of sites, but apparently that does not mean that merchant reps will look at them and consider them in approval determinations.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    You can list a bunch of sites, but apparently that does not mean that merchant reps will look at them and consider them in approval determinations.
    There's the rub ...
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

... tis a consummation, devoutly to be wished.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    While it may be a pain the ass for some, when we're looking for merchants to fill a niche - we always change the flagship site before applying.

Knowing how some AMs/OPMs/Merchants can be...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Didn't think that you could actually do that. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    I asked what I can do about it and they said "Would you be able to create a separate GAN publisher account for (mywebsite)? This would make it easier to get your site approved.
    How ironic, when Google states that you can only have one Adsense Account (a second one can be created in a business name, but that is the only exception).

However, Google Affiliate Network suggested you create a separate publisher account? The GAN Account has to be connected with an Adsense Account for payment. Is this a contradiction? Is this viable?

:coffeetim

I don't know you, but I think it is a cop out and a very lazy way to go about your business to base decisions that could be very important to the affiliate, on a look at what you assume to be a "flagship" site.
    I didnít say I judge the person on their merits as a human based on that flagship site, I said I assume that this their best foot forward. In the same post I later went on to mention how important communication is, and that is what we look for in publishers. I would love to have a publisher like Glittered in our network, specifically because they reached out to the merchant.

When I see an application to join our network come through, the first thing I do is email them, personally, from my email if possible. We are also just joined CJ which masks emails if the publisher wants, but I do everything I can to establish a direct relationship with someone, no matter what their site looks like. This means the approval time may take a little longer, but it means we get to know each of our affiliates, and their business. Once we have started communication, then we talk about approval or denial.

I guess the difference is a first impression, versus trying to get to know the enterprise. Please donít take what I said to mean that I flippantly approve or deny publishers who want to join our network. We want to work together, not next to each other.

13. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    While it may be a pain the ass for some, when we're looking for merchants to fill a niche - we always change the flagship site before applying.

Knowing how some AMs/OPMs/Merchants can be...
    I think this sounds like the best method for now, at least until the network provides a message option with each application, good idea thanks.

Ideally a good system would let you list your websites in your account with a space to include a description, Then on each application you would have an option to tick each of your websites that you will use for that merchant. I think most of us could code something like that into a web page via database in less than an hour so I'm always surprised when networks with hundreds of the best coders can't create such basic functions
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

15. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    I'm always surprised when networks with hundreds of the best coders can't create such basic functions
    They're only catering to the top 5% - who typically have, ONE website...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    They're only catering to the top 5% - who typically have, ONE website...
    or, ..... who typically are some suPer affiliate...

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread