Thread: Product price option question

Product price option question
    Hi I apologize if this has been answered somewhere. Looked around some on your site and in your forum here but couldn't find anything about it. (possible I may have just missed it)

For now at least I was interested in your free plan and signed up for it. I use Goldencan and Popshops on some individual pages on my sites. Was thinking of using a few with you as well. Am I correct that I could make 3 pages under your free plan?

My main question is in regards to product prices. I don't list them with other products featured on my sites so would prefer to not list them with your products as well. Is there an option where I could eliminate having the price listed with the product?

As I said, had just been exploring your site so if this has been answered somewhere and I missed it, I apologize.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi PB,

If you go to the Edit section, and select "Price" in the "Selected Field" drop-down, then click on the section of the shop you want to edit, if you then click on the "Eye" icon in the "Text Style" dashboard section, the prices will disappear.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Can I ask why you'd want to hide the price? It would seem like important info to pass on unless you are afraid it would negatively impact click through. Even if it did, the shoppers who clicked through would be more qualified if they knew the pricing I'd think.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Hi AffiliateHound
    Oooooh Thank you very, very much, really appreciate it is a gigantic help. Have only just been experimenting but so far I LOVE this.

Was I correct that I'm allowed to make the three pages under the Free plan as well. (the stores means pages the same as at PopShop ? )

Sure Wade, be glad to answer your question. Price is not always hidden. Datafeeds I use at AvantLink the prices are included. Reason is that the datafeed changes the price whenever that price is changed at the merchant's site. Same applies to GoldenCan.

I am adding the amount of pages I can make under the free plan with PopShop and now SellFire to a site that already exists. Majority of products featured on the pages are from me selecting them myself and placing regular ole html links on those pages.

Quite a while ago when I was making this particular site I asked a person who's opinion I valued the most and trusted the most in the affiliate world about prices and he told me that unless I was going to make sure none of those prices changed (a sale on the site I might not have known about) that it was best not to list the prices since they could possibly be incorrect.

If a merchant decided to change the price of a product for whatever reason where I had it listed at a lower price on my site, that visitor to my site might think I had tried to trick them into thinking it was a lower price. I probably wouldn't be thought of too fondly by that visitor if that happened.

If things were different and I was a computer smarty who somehow knew how to always have the correct prices on my site, I probably would include the price. Umm, don't think I'm gonna become a computer smarty tho anytime soon, so how I'm doing it seems to me to be the only honest way to do it. Definitely don't want any visitors to think I'm being dishonest with them about any prices of products. (I also can't afford to hire a computer smarty or pay for any of the services that will do it)

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Glad to be of help, PB.

"Was I correct that I'm allowed to make the three pages under the Free plan as well. (the stores means pages the same as at PopShop ? )"

As far as I know, yes.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Thanks From:

Thank you very much

SellFire.com
    Hi PB,

If you did want to show the price, you can use the "Replace Inactive Product" option to make sure the prices for your products are always kept up to date with what is in the merchant's data feed. You can find this option in the Settings tab of store builder.

Now, that being said, a merchant's data feed could be out of synch with the price that is on their site. For professional and premium plan members, our store monitoring system checks the landing pages for each of your products and ensures that the price listed in the ad is also listed on the landing page. If there are any discrepancies, we alert you.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by jmacinnes View Post
    ... For professional and premium plan members, our store monitoring system checks the landing pages for each of your products and ensures that the price listed in the ad is also listed on the landing page. If there are any discrepancies, we alert you.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Hi Jason,

Forgive me for resurrecting such an "old" thread. I'm currently VERY interested in Sellfire, so I'm looking through the forum here at ABW to see what I can learn, hence I just found this thread.

Question: The text I've bolded speaks of Sellfire "alerting" me of discrepancies -- but does Sellfire do anything to automatically change the price in a listing to match the new price, or just alert me?

I can see where getting an alert and going in to make a change manually might not be a big issue if there were, say two or three alerts a day. But, if I had a major site with hundreds (even thousands) of links to products with dozens of merchants -- keeping product info and products up to date manually could be overwhelming.

Any comments, suggestions, etc.?

I'm really interested in using your $9.99 per month plan (I actually sent you email via your sellfire.com "support" email asking about a couple of specific merchants), so I'm eager to learn all I can.

Thanks!

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

SellFire.com
    Hi Gary,

Thanks for your interest in SellFire.

The software will automatically keep the products in your store up to date with the most recent prices the merchant has published in their data feed. Of course, merchants are changing prices all the time so SellFire makes a lot of these changes on your behalf. There is a setting in the Store Builder called "Auto Replace Inactive Products" that controls this feature. This feature is enabled by default.

If we detect that the price of a product on a merchant's landing page is different from what they have in their data feed, in this case we only alert you that the landing page and the data feed differ. We don't automatically update your store. This situation isn't very common and is generally a sign that the merchant's data feed is not being properly maintained.

I responded to your email about merchants separately. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Thanks Jason. Very helpful.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

13. Newsletter Signup