Lightbulb Email Marketing Services or Email Marketing Software
    I am building my mailing list thru email marketing software at present it is very small list so I am not sending any mail to my subscribers but I have a question about email marketing.

Just ask any internet marketer they will say first build email list it is great but everyone recommend buying services like aweber.com, mailchimp.com, getresponse.com etc. These services cost a lot which normally starts from $10 and goes to $500 + per month.

I want to know why to use email marketing services instead of own email marketing software which can be installed on our hosting account and will only cost ones which is between $50 to $500 depending upon software to software.

There are some WordPress email marketing plugins available which can do same job so why to spend monthly when we can get our own software and send unlimited emails.

I know email marketing provide some extra features like templates, email delivery reports etc but these features are also available with email marketing software.

Email marketing software will take onetime affords to setup but after that everything is on autopilot so why to choose email marketing services over email marketing software.

Thank you in advance.
    Ravi

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Paid services, such as the ones you mentioned, make sure they don't get their servers blacklisted.

Real easy to get blacklisted on a shared hosting account using your own mailing list software...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Especially your primary domain that you communication to everyone with. Also make sure if you are using a third party plugin that you are stay CAN-SPAM as the software may not carry that through. SaaS systems like Constant Contact enforce CAN-SPAM otherwise they terminate your account.

I am also concern about getting SPAM else I feel anyone can run its own software.

What about companies like Americaint.
    They say they have "opt in lists" that they will send my emails to.

I have a legitimate product, and want to send it to many people, but I do not want to be labelled as spam.

Digmen1, you're missing the point of the thread - it's about the technology used to send emails (self-hosted or third party).
    They say they have "opt in lists" that they will send my emails to
    And you believe them? I don't think someone on their list agreed to receiving YOUR emails, which is the only opt-in that matters to you. Read this closed thread for another member's experience:http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...ny-117359.html

Steer clear, and start building your own list via your own website.

Hi there Teezone.
    Thanks for that.
    But I don't want to build a list via my webiste.
    I do not get enough hits to it for that.
    That is the reason I am looking at emailing to "opt-in" people.
    I have a product that I want people to see, and then visit my website.

I have tried to get affiialtes but none one has taken up myoffer.

I have tried to get affiialtes but none one has taken up my offer
    Have you contacted any of the networks..? Recruiting affiliates isn't something that happens overnight, perhaps a consultation with an OPM might help you.

You should also review this sub-forum, it's full of good information from some industry professionals: Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

I'm a publisher myself, so the above is just my two cents worth - but I stand by my original comment. If you buy into one of those email services, you are spamming people (they didn't agree to your emails). Rather spend time researching the steps needed to build a quality program.

@Teezone
    Unfortunately all the major affiliate companies want quite a big deposit up front, and I am only a small company with limited (no) resources and I am not prepared to risk it, without some idea of the results I would get.

If a company would offer me a free trial for a month, then I would be in. (But I now that may not be possible.)

You need to contact email service providers who manage their own opt-in lists. Do some research and get on the phone but can expect a minimum campaign will run several $100 while the big networks want $10k minimum. What kind of a budget do you have?

Thanks for the input Chuck
    At the moment my budget is about $100 until I get some results and some sales.
    Its always the chicken and egg situation.
    If I got some regular sales then I would spend more!

I've never entertained the idea of a one time purchased email thing like you're talking about. But I know that with Aweber I've had all sorts of questions through the years and they're always quick to respond. That's what's great about the services instead of the products. They want you to be happy, now. Not only when you buy the box.

(I often tweet an annoyance about Aweber and within 30 minutes they call me on the phone - it's pretty funny but it's also awesome customer service.)

Look at Aweber and Constant Contact which both have low cost solutions. You may have to rebuild your opt-in list so they are in their system.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread