which way is better ?
    Good morning
    i'm a newbie and i have some Qs.
    finally i select a niche and product and i'm gonna create a landing page
    but i think if i make indirectly Seductive review about the product in the
    landing page and create a detailed explanation ebook about it and put
    the affiliate linke in the ebook and make it as a free download in signup form to getting mail list that's better or just creating a whole landing page about the
    product with affiliate link in the bottom and put any bonus to collect a mail list?
    thank you all

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Is your goal to write an eBook or to sell a product as an affiliate?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Is your goal to write an eBook or to sell a product as an affiliate?
    sell a product as an affiliate ,but some guide said it's better when you create an ebook about the product
    say if you pick fitness product you create a landing page that's talking about how you will look sexy an fitness and that will give you more interesting life and in the below the signup form to get email address and send the ebook that's talking about the product and contains the affiliate link.
    thank you

I don't understand why most newbies think affiliate marketing is a landing page + sign-up form. That's just not the case.. and frankly the only person making money is the one selling newbies the ebook about affiliate marketing.

Take a step back and do more research about this business - you have to be knowledgeable about the products you are trying to sell (ie. why else would anyone trust your site?), be interested in the topic, and present something unique and interesting.

You should be building a website, not a page.

This is a good discussion as there are misconceptions many times created by "make money online" and "get rich quick" courses/eBooks. Yes its a good idea to create a newsletter opt-in list when you develop an affiliate website if you intend to remarket to site visitors. But first and foremost you need to create a site to sell products or services. You can start with a blog and develop it more after you get started but is key to get going.

If your first intent was to write an eBook because you feel you have something to offer that no one else has then it starts with the eBook not the site. Are you just formulating your strategy or did you already have a direction in mind?

Forget a landing page and concentrate on creating a site good enough to "capture" your visitors.

You have about 15 seconds to impress visitors enough to stay on your site, lets be positive and assume they are there because they are interested in buying your product so you must instantly convey to them that you can offer what they seek, then give them relevant content within which are your affiliate links.

Best wishes.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

7. Thanks From:

Take it from me. I've learned the hard way. When I was a newby, I too, thought all I had to do is slap a landing page on my site with a product or banner. It;s not going to work at all and you will have wasted valuable time, falling behind other affiliates who are getting off the ground the right way.
    teezone provided you with some words of wisdom. Heed his advice!

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    I don't understand why most newbies think affiliate marketing is a landing page + sign-up form. That's just not the case.. and frankly the only person making money is the one selling newbies the ebook about affiliate marketing.

Take a step back and do more research about this business - you have to be knowledgeable about the products you are trying to sell (ie. why else would anyone trust your site?), be interested in the topic, and present something unique and interesting.

You should be building a website, not a page.
    Thank you.It's a great tips

This is a good discussion as there are misconceptions many times created by "make money online" and "get rich quick" courses/eBooks. Yes its a good idea to create a newsletter opt-in list when you develop an affiliate website if you intend to remarket to site visitors. But first and foremost you need to create a site to sell products or services. You can start with a blog and develop it more after you get started but is key to get going.

If your first intent was to write an eBook because you feel you have something to offer that no one else has then it starts with the eBook not the site. Are you just formulating your strategy or did you already have a direction in mind?
    Thank you
    No i have nothing i just started week ago and read some ebooks about CB
    and here my simple steps :
    1-pick a product
    2-understand it from the main site
    3-create a landing page for it
    4-get traffic and vistors by PPC ads and some articles
    what do you think about that ? will that work good or i need more tricks ?
    thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by daiarian View Post
    Forget a landing page and concentrate on creating a site good enough to "capture" your visitors.

You have about 15 seconds to impress visitors enough to stay on your site, lets be positive and assume they are there because they are interested in buying your product so you must instantly convey to them that you can offer what they seek, then give them relevant content within which are your affiliate links.

Best wishes.
    did you mean creating site that doesn't seem it's affiliate page ?
    i'm good in webdesign also flash and graphics ads.
    thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    Take it from me. I've learned the hard way. When I was a newby, I too, thought all I had to do is slap a landing page on my site with a product or banner. It;s not going to work at all and you will have wasted valuable time, falling behind other affiliates who are getting off the ground the right way.
    teezone provided you with some words of wisdom. Heed his advice!
    So what did you miss in your way to earn money ?
    i think landing page + PPC ads it will bring visitors whose target the niche you selected!
    Thank you so much

Landing page + PPC ads is fine if you know PPC but you should make the landing page as part of an entire site and not just single landing pages. That is a long term strategy.

11. Thanks From:

i think landing page + PPC ads it will bring visitors whose target the niche you selected!
    Ummm... no it won't. Apparently none of our advice made a difference.

Go ahead and build a landing page, invest your hard-earned money in PPC and see where it gets you (you will lose that money pretty fast!). If it was that easy, don't you think we would all be doing it?

Build a website (ie. a proper business), not a page. And don't spend money unless you can afford to lose it.

13. Thanks From:

Landing page + PPC ads is fine if you know PPC but you should make the landing page as part of an entire site and not just single landing pages. That is a long term strategy.
    So how i can read about this strategy please ?
    Ummm... no it won't. Apparently none of our advice made a difference.

Go ahead and build a landing page, invest your hard-earned money in PPC and see where it gets you (you will lose that money pretty fast!). If it was that easy, don't you think we would all be doing it?

Build a website (ie. a proper business), not a page. And don't spend money unless you can afford to lose it.
    No it made and i'm here for learning and not lose my money so please
    guide me how can i start please and go the right way ?

Quote Originally Posted by firstastage View Post
    so please
    guide me how can i start please and go the right way ?
    The right way is to think of a theme/s in your mind and to build
    webpages that add value and populate your webpages with products and
    product links.

Only think of PPC when you've created a successful track record for yourself.

Affiliate marketing is not an overnight deal where you make money right
    away.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    The right way is to think of a theme/s in your mind and to build
    webpages that add value and populate your webpages with products and
    product links.

Only think of PPC when you've created a successful track record for yourself.

Affiliate marketing is not an overnight deal where you make money right
    away.
    Great tips!
    but are there powerful webpages examples please ?

I'd like to add that I think it's important that you're passionate about what you're going to do. If you care about the theme, products, services you're promoting and talking about, that will be reflected in your site and will be noticed by your visitors/customers.

Quote Originally Posted by firstastage View Post
    Great tips!
    but are there powerful webpages examples please ?
    Do a search with the search engine of your choice

Think of the product you wish to sell then do a search for that product.

One of the first marketing pages for that product is most likely a "powerful webpages example"

Read/subscribe to FeedFront magazine (free).
    http://feedfront.com/free-subscription
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 28th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

19. Thanks From:

Successful affiliates don't share their sites here, or anywhere else..

Having said that, as Rhia said, just do a search for any topic that might interest you, I bet the first few pages of Google are full of affiliate sites.

Also, keep in mind, there is no 'get rich quick' or 'easy success' method to affiliate marketing - it's a profession for some, a hobby for others, and everyone will agree that it takes time, patience and lots of research.

I can't stress this enough - you have to pick a topic you know something about.

21. Thanks From:

Smile
    I just found a great - fairly all encompassing article - that should
    be of interest to everyone by KISSmetrics

What Customers Want in an eCommerce Site
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

23. Thanks From:

Successful affiliates don't share their sites here, or anywhere else..
    With some serious searching you might find some *but* keep in mind that what works for one affiliate doesn't always work for all affiliates.

I've seen blogs that aren't very good because the "writer" can't write: such a blog isn't interesting and I don't always feel as if I am in the position to point that out.

What skills do YOU have? Make the most of what you have and what you can learn.

For any site: KISS
    KISS in sales usually means Keep It Sweet & Simple
    but now there's a better definition
    Keep It Significant and Spreadable
    Now a post might be spread with social media share icons
    'Cause if it doesn't spread, it's dead
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

25. Thanks From:

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread