And so it begins . . . . . . .
    Email received today for Brylane Home, King Size Direct, Roaman's, and Woman Within:

"Due to an internal policy change pertaining to new internet sales tax
    legislations, Redcats USA will be immediately deactivating publishers
    within the following states:

- Arizona
    - DC
    - Georgia
    - Iowa
    - Kansas
    - Louisiana
    - Maryland
    - Missouri
    - Nevada
    - New Mexico
    - North Dakota
    - South Dakota
    - Tennessee
    - Utah
    - Virginia

We hope to evaluate reinstating these publishers in the future, but for the
    time being must move forward with deactivation for any publishers residing
    in the states listed."

2. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I have received termination emails from the following merchants:

Overstock
    ShopThermos.com
    HersheysStore.com
    Coca-ColaStore.com

I'm sure more terminations will be arriving soon.

Note to mod: Could someone change the title of this thread to reflect something like " Merchants Terminating GA Affiliates "?

CocaCola-Store, really? Shouldn't their massive ATL headquarters already give them GA nexus?
    Your Ad Here.

Fighting the good fight... Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    CocaCola-Store, really? Shouldn't their massive ATL headquarters already give them GA nexus?
    Website is operated by SureSource LLC - that may be where the problem resides...
    Merchants: In the fashion or home appliance niches? Contact us for placement opportunities for: the US (National and now LOCAL markets), UK, and CA.

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I was hoping that would be the case. I think CJ manages their program and probably just did a blanket termination email as they manage all 3 of the programs below and the emails all arrived today in the same format. I sent an email questioning the termination from the Coca-ColaStore.com.

ShopThermos.com
    HersheysStore.com
    Coca-ColaStore.com
    Last edited by msladybug; August 31st, 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo

8. Thanks From:

Also heard a rumor today the GA affiliate nexus doesn't kick in until Dec 31st.

Georgia Affiliate Nexus Tax Update: Effective Date December 31, 2012 | Performance Marketing Association

August terminations would be a bit premature.
    Your Ad Here.

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks affninja - I wasn't aware of the change.

any way to find out who is dumping GA affiliates? I'm comfortable until waiting until the last second. I'm screwed when this happens.

It also confuses me a bit since places like Walmart sell Wayfair yet Wayfair has dropped states for this reason, but Walmart is in every state.

ABW Ambassador
    See Post #6 above as it appears Georgia has changed the effective date to Dec 31st. Until that draws close it's hard to say who will drop GA affiliates. You can look at who dropped affiliates in other states. It will pretty much be the same for us.

It still sucks but at least I can promote some of my top earners through the holiday season. A total rethink for me after the first of the year.

Agree with Msladybug. Everything seems to be on hold at this point until the end of the year, just waiting for a repeat in Georgia of what has happened in other states. I doubt it will be much different. My guess is the terminations will start rolling in during late November or December. Not that far away.

Or maybe it doesn't begin??? It's December 11 now, and not to jinx all of us Georgia affiliates, but there have been no cancellations that I know of, due to the new law. Unless perhaps the merchants are going to hit affiliates with last minute cancellations that will be effective prior to 12/31, but that seems awfully inefficient, given the amount of lead time the merchants have had. Not sure what is going on here.
    Last edited by thl99; December 11th, 2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: correct wording in sentence

I will be terminating myself and other Georgia affiliates in the GiftTree and 1StopFlorists programs in CJ. My client will demand compliance.

I expect Amazon to hit the button within 2 weeks as well.
    Greg Hoffman
    Best OPM/Agency 2014 - Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb. Join My Programs. Forum. Facebook. Blog.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    the Gorilla and I were just chatting on this and we're thinking everyone is waiting on Amazon to see what their direction on it will be and traditionally, they act about a week out. Could make for a pretty disappointing Christmas Eve for a lot of affiliates and affiliate managers if they hold to their historical pattern.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics Retail Group
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|SportsMemorabilia.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

18. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I've received termination notices from several merchants other than the ones listed above. Some will terminate Dec. 31st. Waiting to see when Amazon hits as well.

AllPosters.com (Dec. 31st)
    Art.com (Dec. 31st)
    Celebrate Express (Dec. 17th)

I've received terminations this month from Vitacost.com and Hayneedle.com from the Linkshare network. Also several from Commisison Junction.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Hey all, I am sorry to report it, but it looks like we're going to be sending Termination Notices for GA affiliates here in the next day or two. I hate to do it, but the State didn't leave us a choice.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics Retail Group
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|SportsMemorabilia.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

I just pulled the trigger on GiftTree and 1StopFlorists. Those will be the only terminations under my management.
    Greg Hoffman
    Best OPM/Agency 2014 - Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb. Join My Programs. Forum. Facebook. Blog.

23. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread