I know how much you've all been waiting for this... and we've just launched the Free Shipping application for Canadian Orders.

Which means no shipping charges, no customs and duties hassles... etc.

We will begin promoting it site-wide on October 1st, this gives anyone who's interested a week to get set-up and tested before the big promotion begins.

Next step (if this program is successful) is a full .ca site with Canadian Dollars. But one step at a time.

Paul

<b>Rugman.com - Merchant Through CJ</b><br>
    <A HREF="https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=1053794">Direct Link</a>

Thanks for the information.

Question:

I would be interested in becoming an affiliate, but I note you list a phone number on your site to call.

The product being sold are large ticket items. Are people not more inclined to phone in their order when the price is $800.00 and above?

I could do fine for the lower priced rugs and with good volume may do quite well.

But, I would be losing out to ALL phone in sales. I would be working hard to bring you customers and sales and in payment I get zero dollars. Thus even to gamble on the lower end sales it would not be worth it.

Please consider phone order sales credit.

Thanks

Hi!

I understand your concern about the phone number, but with these size purchases, we have to have one available as it increases the sense of security.

However, I can tell you that 90% - 95% of our orders take place online. The call centre most often answer questions about shipping, what different rug terms mean, etc.

It's rare that someone actually places an order using the phone.

They usually ask a few questions, then go back to the site themselves to select the rug of their choice and checkout.

That being said, we are looking at various ways to track the phone sales and I'll keep you updated.

Paul

<A HREF="https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=1053794">Direct Link</a>

One other thing we recommend is to use the Coupon Codes whenever possible. Even if someone calls in, they would be more inclined to mention the coupon code that can save them money.

These codes are exclusive to CJ and it gives us an indication that it was a CJ sale, so that we can do some follow up and try to track down the site they came from.

Hope that helps...

Paul

Thank you very much Paul for your informative reply.

P.S.... we do, of course, process manual transactions for phone orders when we identify that it came from a CJ affiliate.

I was just re-reading this and realized that I hadn't addressed that part of your comment.

If you have something on your site that tells them to identify you as the referring site if they order by phone, that would help as well.

The coupon code is one possible way, but there are others.

And, as always, we're open to suggestions. I've looked at some of the 'Priority Codes' listed and that might be a direction for us, but we're not sure yet what the best way is.

Paul

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread