Endless shutting down
    Just got an e-mail stating that Endless.com will now be amazon.com/Fashion. As a result, they are closing their affiliate program. Ouch!

Absolutely devastated by this news! I've been a dedicated Endless affiliate (via CJ) and now they're closing down in just 9 days! What an awful move, not just for the affiliates, but also for the shoppers (shipping options and returns are now not nearly as attractive as they were at Endless).

The only way to control damage for me here is to switch hundreds, maybe even a thousand, links on my blog manually from Endless to Amazon, so I can earn 7% commission (max. for me!) instead of 15%! This will cost me so many work hours, and all that so I can keep less than 50% of my current earnings. Endless.com has been my biggest earner on CJ. Simply a desaster for me and my business!

Endlessly* disappointed and upset about this closure.

*pun intended.

Endless was good for us too. We will miss them. What are good replacements (whether on CJ or elsewhere)?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

We run Shopbop, Zappos, 6pm, Nordstrom, and a few others that fit in the same general space and convert well, but overall across our network Endless is/was our number 3 merchant.

What worries me the most is the possibility of the same thing happening with Zappos, 6pm, and shopbop down the road. All three are owned by amazon, and all three are our top performers.

5. Thanks From:

After Endless went down, I noticed that its links were redirected to a blank page, but now they are all being redirected to Amazon. Since CJ is doing this, who is getting the affiliate commissions?

Interesting... you think CJ is running those through their own Associates account?
    Your Ad Here.

I've no idea, but the links are not showing up in the "Invalid Links" report. Actually I don't understand why CJ won't allow us the option to simply redirect all traffic once a merchant leaves the network. Even if they only allowed us to redirect it to other CJ merchants, it would be much better than making the links go to a blank page.

With the Endless links, however, there are 3 alternatives:

1. CJ is being paid
    2. They've somehow found a way for us to get paid
    3. No one is being paid

I'd be pleased with option 2 above, but I'm surprised (well, this being CJ, not that surprised) that CJ is being silent on this

Does anyone have a direct line of communication with someone at CJ?

Endless links are in fact showing up in the invalid link report.

#3 is definitely the case here

What happens when you click on your Endless links that were created through CJ? I am taken to the Amazon page, which is strange as I'd expect to end up on a CJ 404 page. That is what happens when I click on old ShoeMall CJ links (ShoeMall recently moved to Linkshare)

That's interesting. I don't have an answer for that, although my guess would be that endless is doing a redirect on their end. Now, why CJ hasn't 404'd the links... No idea. We removed them from our system the day they went dark (still had several hundred invalid clicks). I haven't checked a link manually since then.

Speaking of previously dead links, ShoeMall's are mysteriously working again.
    Your Ad Here.

I got a response from CJ:

Here's why you're not seeing a CJ 404 error message. Endless is currently in a temporary state with CJ that is causing those links to redirect to Amazon, and they will not go to a 404 page until later this month. Since the program has closed I recommend that the endless links you are using are removed from your site

15. Thanks From:

It's a shame to lose a good merchant..

Publishers should replace ALL their Endless links with (their own!) Amazon associates link to Amazon's Shoes & Handbags main page.

At least you have an opportunity to earn some commission..

Added: I was dropped by a direct brand a few months ago, and flipped all their links to a merchant who carries that brand. I'm not going to let a merchant ruin my pages - if they don't want my traffic, those links are not deleted, they are going elsewhere!
    Last edited by teezone; October 9th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

17. Thanks From:

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread