Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can an affiliate make money without ClickBank
    My country is not in the ClickBank list. I am in the process of building affiliate websites. Is it possible to make a lot of cash as an affiliate without ClickBank?

Thanks

Yes. You can join other affiliate network like Shareasale, Linkconnector , CJ , GAN...etc

Clickbank deals only with digital products that are largely made up of what I'll call "Internet Marketing schemes" that are the get rich online and make money at the beach products that we all know and love. These appear to be sold mainly by the uninitiated to the unknowing.

I would suspect that somewhere around 90% of the affiliates here on ABW have done quite well without Clickbank. As mentioned by alexmay40 above, the focus is on other affiliate networks including "Shareasale, Linkconnector , CJ , GAN...etc" which specialize in tangible consumer products like clothing, electronics, jewelry etc..

Do a search here for Clickbank (or there may possibly be a Clickbank forum here, I don't know) to get a better idea of how the general consensus feels about Clickbank.

...and by the way, if you are looking at making "a lot of cash" be prepared to do a "lot of hard work". One of the big problems with so many of the products on Clickbank is that they set the wrong expectation. But then I guess no-one would by their products if they told the truth.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I am checking out those networks to get products to promote. My niche is not really for tangible goods. It is the "money online" niche. Kindly suggest products that I can promote.

Thank you

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

LOL...where did you get that stupid ebook crap?

Quote Originally Posted by topwriter View Post
    LOL...where did you get that stupid ebook crap?
    Found it on the internet - must be true.

You won't find a lot of resources, or affiliates for that matter, discussing Clickbank or "programs" for "money online niches". Just not taken seriously...

Thanks man. I should sell that one and make lots of cash, right?

thanks man. I should sell that one and make lots of cash, right?
    lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    lol...
    Anyway, I hope you are a serious affiliate (apart from "selling that ebook"). Which products do you promote outside CB?

Don't promote CB and never have.

My company covers a wide gamut of products and services. From affiliate marketing, web hosting, domain registrations, white label programs, and even drop ship.

Diversification has always been key, IMhO. Put all your eggs in one basket and it can easily be emptied...

Great!

I also do a couple of things. I prefer being a lone ranger doing affiliate marketing, freelance writing, search engine marketing and optimization, professional blogging, social media marketing and other stuff.

I bought a training program the other day which has great insights but mostly for CB. I am looking for somewhere else to use those skills as I do other stuff online.

It's clear you have writing skills. Perfect for affiliate marketing. Find a niche you enjoy that has tangible products you can market. Use your skills to promote your site and merchants that match...

I am already in the "money online" niche since that's something else I do. I have a whole list of niches that I'll also promote.

That's a funny photo up there

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You can gain information about many of the other networks available in the "Networks and Merchants" section of ABW. You'll find it by scrolling down on the main forums page. Virtually all of the major networks have a sub-forum, and it's an easy way to see what programs each has, any specials going on, etc.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks JCrooks. I hope there are people making big bucks from those. Let me rush check them out. I am very green in this forum..

I hope there are people making big bucks from those.
    The largest affiliates in the world promote programs on these networks - and the smallest...

Great...was having some problems with CJ...let me throw in something about them and see how guys are doing

OK. Stupid question here; how do I start a thread in the CJ forum...looking for the "start new post" link but can't find it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Thanks Convergence

23. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have to ask, doesn't Clickbank have their own forum? Why would an affiliate come to ABW to discuss Clickbank?

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Clickbank deals only with digital products that are largely made up of what I'll call "Internet Marketing schemes" that are the get rich online and make money at the beach products that we all know and love. These appear to be sold mainly by the uninitiated to the unknowing.

One of the big problems with so many of the products on Clickbank is that they set the wrong expectation. But then I guess no-one would by their products if they told the truth.

-rematt
    I chose to sell on ClickBank because I was clueless, i.e. "the uninitiated," and because it was cheap to start. Only $50 to list your product. I had to get it out there so I picked cheap and dirty. But I'm so excited about learning more and doing this right!

Plus, Kaplan Education has been talking to us about distributing the product. They have agreed (though not yet on paper) that they won't interfere with online sales. They want to sell multi-hundred licenses at a time to school districts. They don't care about having individuals purchase.

I'm curious about (but not yet focused on) how creating a real affiliate campaign for the product will change my initial ClickBank (i.e. uninitiated and uninformed) sales pseudo-strategy.

We'll see.

Okay, now back to my homework!

Great news! Everyone has to start somewhere and we see a lot of affiliates that got their initiation on Clickbank and then ended up here for one reason or another. We're not here to "convert" marketers to our way of thinking, but to share whatever knowledge we have to help affiliates become successful. We also have a vested interest in maintaining the ethics and integrity of what we do, so we may get a little "preachy" at times.

And don't get me wrong, I don't believe that every affiliate that promotes products on Clickbank is a spammer or scammer, there are many regulars here on ABW that promote Clickbank products in an honest and ethical way. The real shame is that there are many excellent products on Clickbank that are sometimes overlooked by marketers due to Clickbank's reputation. Unfortunately we're judged by the company we keep although it appears that you've managed to rise above the noise.

Good luck and welcome to ABW.

-rematt

BTW, "clueless" isn't a crime. Most of us were "clueless" when we started (some of us still are) and you wouldn't believe some of the mistakes that we've made (and still do), there is no precise formula for success in this industry. That's why most of us are here, we'd much rather learn from someone else's mistakes.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

27. Thanks From:

You can promote web hosts, go to your niche in clickbank marketplace if it works in your country and get well converting products, freelancing websites e.t.c.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast