...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    When are you going to drop your $250 feed setup fee?
    LinkShare,

When are you going to drop your $250 per marketing channel datafeed setup fee?

I think your merchants AND affiliates would appreciate and benefit from this.

Enough is enough.

Thank you.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Cool
    charging for feeds is archaic in this day and age. I could have possibly made more sales in the past if they had been freely available.

with google's present attitude about datafed pages, it probably is too late to loosen up!

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    charging for feeds is archaic in this day and age. I could have possibly made more sales in the past if they had been freely available.
    +1

We would probably actually promote some ethical merchants on LinkShare if feeds were readily available without the fee.

Just had a merchant announce, this weekend, they were leaving GAN for LinkShare. The "marketing channel" we were promoting them on with GAN does not have feed access on LinkShare.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    with google's present attitude about datafed pages, it probably is too late to loosen up!
    Datafeed driven sites are FAR from banished by the Google, I'm happy to confirm.

It's not too late for LinkShare to loosen up...

I could be wrong, but I thought the fee had been waived a while ago..?

Convergence, I think a merchant may be able to have the fee waived if they want to work with your site..

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

We had removed the Merchandiser fee not too long ago. Convergence, can you please tell me where you read this information? I thought we had all of the documentation updated but if you did see it somewhere we may have missed it and I want to make sure it gets updated quickly.

Alternatively, for those interested in Merchandiser please follow this link and follow the steps listed to get activated.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: Rakuten LinkShare Merchandiser Data Feed Program

--Ranae

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Convergence, I think a merchant may be able to have the fee waived if they want to work with your site..
    Have already used that chip for another "marketing channel"...

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Hi All,

We have removed the Merchandiser fee a little while ago. Convergence, can you please tell me where you read this information? I thought we got all of the documentation updated but if you did see it somewhere we may have missed it.

Alternatively, for those interested in Merchandiser please follow this link and follow the steps listed to get activated.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: Rakuten LinkShare Merchandiser Data Feed Program

--Ranae
    Hi Ranae, Guess it's been about six months or so when you setup a freebie for us - You made it clear it was for that specific marketing channel only. The merchant that we were to work with had absolutely no clue how to construct a datafeed and we just moved on.

Never saw an announcement that the fee is no longer applicable. Hell, could have been kicking of some ass over there...

This is almost funny. Was the change ever mentioned here? superCool never saw anything about it and that's why he has not been doing anything with Linkshare. Time to look again.

Seems like a lot of people have missed this announcement somehow. You might want to spread the word. Might make money for everyone.

This must have been real [recently] because I was trying on May 16th and it wasn't free then.
    Last edited by Bob Lawrence; September 17th, 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

10. Thanks From:

I do remember reading an announcement somewhere that the fee had been waived, with the same link provided above.

Now if I could only remember where that was...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread