posted August 25, 2004 12:20 PM

Im at a place where im not sure if i should incorporate or not? and if so what do i go with?

They offer to incorporate you as a number for free not sure if i should go with a number as a corporation or a name?

anyones thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.. specially from other canadians who have incoporated thanks..

I just looked at that site as I incorporated 2 businesses in the past few years and even while doing the work myself the expense still came to about $350. Free sounds a little to good.

If you look for a quote and put your jurisdiction in for BC I get $711 if I want a name and suggested package. Incorporation only comes to $509. I guess that's almost free.

This is probably inline with what most folks will charge to do the work for you. If you haven't filled in the forms before this might be an option.

Time to start calling many of my services free if I can make money like that.

I should add as after rereading your post you may be asking only about the number being free or using a name. My feeling is a name has always looked a little more professional but it really doesn't make much difference.

re incorporating, try the govt site first.
    To federally incorporate the fee alone is 200 dollars. It is online too. I suggest you find out if you need to incorporate federally or provincially first. I believe it is the
    strategis site.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread