Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    GAN: Quickly find similar links and advertisers
    Google Affiliate Network has just published the following:

Quickly find similar links and advertisers

We know that being able to find relevant, high-performing affiliate links and advertiser programs is important to publishers, which is why we're excited to share some new enhancements to our recommendation engine.

Now, when you sign in to your publisher account and click the Links tab, you can find similar links. For example, if you find a link and want to see if there are related links you could also promote, just click on ‘Similar links’. If more links are available, you’ll immediately see different sizes and as well as links with similar performance potential.

We've also enabled the ability to search by category. When you find a link you like and want to find more links in that category -- just click the category you’re interested in and it will automatically set the filter to what you want.

To help you quickly and more efficiently find similar advertisers and advertiser categories, we've also extended this feature to the Advertisers tab.

We've also made these new features available to advertisers. If you're an advertiser, just sign in to your account and click the Publishers tab to also find similar publishers. You can also search by publisher segment and publisher category.

We hope these new changes will help you quickly and easily find links and build affiliate relationships, and we look forward to continuing to enhance these features.

As always, let us know what you think by posting a comment here or in the Google Affiliate Network forum.

Posted by:
    Ali Pasha, Product Manager
    Robin Anil, Software Engineer

Read More From Quickly find similar links and advertisers...

2. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Thanks, good features added, and I like the 'action' ( advertiser side ) was waiting for that one.

Hello,

I see GAN links on other sites for an advertiser that I cannot find. I have tried clicking on the category and also searching for the advertiser by name (with relationship status set to Approved / Pending / Declined / Deactivated), but still the advertiser doesn't appear.

I have seen this help topic regarding private advertisers (I can't find an advertiser I know is in your network. What can I do? - Google Affiliate Network Help).

Here is a specific example of an advertiser that I cannot find:
    Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card

My questions:

1) Is this example advertiser one of the private ones?

2) Is there a list of private advertisers somewhere? I realize this somewhat defeats the purpose.

3) If I find advertisers with a gan.doubleclick.net link, but cannot find them in the GAN dashboard, what is the best course of action? Is it to use this contact form (Contact us - Google Affiliate Network Help) for each link/advertiser as recommended by the help page linked above?

Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    What makes you think there are GAN links on that page? I don't see any GAN link.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park View Post
    What makes you think there are GAN links on that page? I don't see any GAN link.
    The Citi Hilton Reserve Card link starts with gan.doubleclick.net/gan_click...

Am I mistaken in thinking that's a GAN link?

Thanks!

Hello,

Can you private message me the exact link?

Thank you,

Jamie
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Hello,

Yes, there are a handful of private programs, which are not available for publishers to join and therefore private programs are not available when searching for advertisers.

You can contact affiliatesupport@google.com if you want to considered for a private program that is a good match for your business and we'll forward your request to the advertiser.

Thank you,

Jamie
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Hello,

We have automated and manual checks in place to determine if a publisher is a good fit for GAN. An AdSense account in good standing is a good first step, but not a guarantee.

Thank you,

Jamie Ross
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread