ABW Ambassador
    This morning I thought I would check out my CJ product-links as I am getting a very high number of Click-throughs with almost non-existant conversions.

I tried to click-through dozens of links via my site for products I have very recently updated and know to exist. I am getting 404 errors (This Page Can Not Be Displayed).

Can you check your links so I know its not just me please?

Cheers, DPG

[This message was edited by DPG on February 13, 2003 at 08:26 AM.]

Don't have any links of my own, but have just been looking at 01shoes.com from the site reviews here, and am getting 404s on all the product pages I've tried.

oops.. I just noticed that's your site anyway

ABW Ambassador
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Could it be my ?afsrc=1 or are we all getting these errors? Please check all asap.

ABW Ambassador
    Tested a few, and most load , all-though it's as slow as can be, and I'm on cable here .
    I hate to think what the dail-up people are getting.

There goes the reason for high click thrus and few sales . CJ must be recording the "click" , but the visitor is not waiting around for the advertiser pages to load , or time out .

ABW Ambassador
    The older product links are getting through very slowly but My Product Link 1 links are failing 100%.

hmmm... well two just went through to Zappos ok... lickety split even.... but then the next one was a 404 again.

Lisa.. I'm on dialup - it ain't pretty.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey DJ where abouts are you? I am migrating there at the end of May

ABW Ambassador
    Well either there or Washington. Plans are still way up in the air.

oh really? Cool! I'm east coast of the North Island... wine and fruit country.

Where you heading to?

(and yes... heading for 3 am here at the moment.. so if I disappear it's because I fell off my chair and can't be bothered to get back up).

*lol* yeah... settling on a continent first usually helps.

ABW Ambassador
    Will either be Auckland or Wellington. Pref Auckland but Wellington is where the business is at. Have to settle there by May 29th to make use of my 2 yrs residency acceptance.

ABW Ambassador
    They are getting through now... Must have been a glitch... Scares me to think how long its been there for.

Personally I far prefer Wellington... much friendlier city and wonderful nightlife, theatre, etc, but the weather is pretty atrocious. (disclaimer: atrocious by my scale means insufficient blue sky, too much rain and far too much wind... and would probably be considered lovely by anyone who lives in a snow zone).

Auckland... big, sprawly, more cosmopolitan... sunny, humid, rains at the drop of a hat.

Depending on what the business is, I would double check before committing to Wellington. There's a big exodus going on at the moment.. a lot of companies that centralised to Wellington are regionalising their operations again... quite a few layoffs happening down there.

ABW Ambassador
    My Wife is a civil servant over here and is hoping to work for the government over there. So Unless they are decentralizing the Government I think Wellington it will have to be. Thanks for your recommendation It makes me feel much better about moving there (Wellington). Only been there once for about a week but I have been to Auckland a few times and spent a month there last time to get a feel for the place. Absolutely adore New Zealand (Man do you guys know how to make wine!). Am going to stop moving around and sink some roots there hopefully.

*lol* ahh funny... I nearly wrote "unless you are into politics" instead of "depending on what the business is"

A month in Auckland? You poor, poor man. Seriously though, you'll often hear reference to the Bombay Hills which are just south of Auckland...... as in "those bloody Aucklanders don't think life exists south of the Bombay Hills". There's a bit of a cultural divide between Auckland and the rest of the country. Not impassable... but I'd hate to have to call you a JAFA.. "just another **** Aucklander"

The wine... hehe... I have a dozen wineries within 10 km of my home.. pretty good ones too.

ABW Ambassador
    You sound like a hoot! I'll have to look you up when I get there and I think you have sold me on Wellington. btw 7am knock-offs are quite common with me also

Best regards, DPG

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I'd pick Wellington over Auckland ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Ignoring the sideways rain, of course.

ABW Ambassador
    I suppose wellies had to come from somewhere.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread